Thursday, August 31, 2006

To Answer your Questions

Although I don't intend to turn my blog purely into a Weight loss blog (I have put Wednesdays aside for this subject) its intended to be about me, my life, my thoughts, my likes/dislikes, and anything else I feel like writing, etc. I have decided to answer some of your questions about yesterdays post with a 2nd post about my weight loss.

Let me point out I am totally commited to losing weight, however long it takes. What I am not prepaered to do is take the fun out of my life. I have said before I have always been on the bigger side but my weight balooned over the last few years for two reasons :-
1. Promotions at work mean I spend more time sat on my backside at a desk or in meetings.
2. I like a drink and love food.

Some of you commented on my low calorie days, these are normally my working days (Monday to Friday) I have changed my diet significantly on these days.

Now :-
Breakfast - Bowl of Porridge + 0.5pint Orange
Lunch - 3 pieces of Fruit (usually Apple, Banana & Orange)
Evening Meal - Salad 3 days, Meat & Veg 1 day, Scampi & Oven chips 1 day + Water.
Before Bed - 0.5pint Milk.

Before :-
Breakfast - 4 slices of Toast + 0.5pint Orange
Lunch - Pie & Chips, Fish & Chips, Sandwichs, etc. + can of Coke
Evening Meal - Usually Cooked meal with dessert + Lemonade
Before Bed - Cheese Sandwich + Milk.
Snacks - Crisps or Chocolate.

I will add I would also drink Beer on 4/5 nights per week I now limit that to Mondays and special occasions which I won't remove from my lifestyle. Trouble with Mondays we do drink up to 8 pints thats why Mondays calorie intake was high.

Weekends depend on my sporting commitments but Saturday evening I have my "treat" meal in the evening (Baccon, Sausage, etc). Yes ok I love it.

Sunday I Usually have Spicy Chicken with veg but I did load up the Carbs last Sunday because we had a 6 hour training session with our British League Table Tennis squad. It was tough work but we are training towards our first matches on 9th 10th September.
I also train Wednesdays for 2 hours and find this really hard with the low calorie intake, I am putting a extra session in tonight (when this post is finished).

For my size I am reasonably fit, eg my pulse rate is around 65 where most people my size are much higher.

At the start of this year my weight was 249lbs and now 221.5lbs. It would be lower but my Vacations don't help. I've been away twice so far with another coming up at the end of September. I don't watch my weight on Holiday, I drink and I eat well although I try to exercise.
Normally I put on between 6 and 10lbs on vacation.

I have developed a spreadsheet to calculate my calories and if anyone would like a master copy to use themselves (you can adapt it for your own foods), or my last weeks to see exactly what I had, I will be happy to send them a copy. Just e'mail me and I will return you a copy.

Finally I would like to Thank all of you for the great Support you are giving me.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Mick, you are doing a super job and we certainly want to see you successful. It definitely sounds like you are not only eating less calories but healthier foods. Keep up that hard work and it is OK to have a pint every now and then!

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you - i've definatly noticed a healthier change in you at work!!

V x

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
Again thanks for the encouragement your opinion is always appreciated.

Vicky,
Thanks but don't forget I'm going to get you on this healthy eating/drinking lark.

Unknown said...

You are doing well with your weight loss efforts. Life should be fun and a balance...so I think it is good that you are striving for both! Keep it up....slow and steady wins the race with the weight loss game :)

Mick & Cathy said...

Tex,
I couldn't agree more about life and fun. The reason we are trying to lose weight is to increase the fun (if that makes sense).

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Impressive. Good for you.

Mick & Cathy said...

Regina,
Thanks