Saturday, August 05, 2006

Aches and Pains

Three posts tonight

I have just read a newspaper article that say's the average British person suffers 17,277 minor ailments in their lifetime.

Top of the list was Back Pain averaging 80 bouts per year or 6,240 through their life.

Bumps & Bruises were next with 60 injuries per year (4,680 in lifetime).

Others in the top ten ailments included Headaches which we suffer a total of 1,360 (I'm sure they must be taking into account a lot of women I meet).

Stomach Upsets we suffer 390 while we catch the common cold 234 times.

Then them horible Blisters we sometimes get (apparently 312 times), I reckon I'm a bit higher here.

Obviously Life's a pain at times.

9 comments:

Rhiannon said...

WRB,

I get pain in my little baby toe a lot..its very weird and hurts for such a little thing...:(..but I do accupressure on it and it gets all better!

Thanks for dropping by my blog again and I hope you will drop by again very soon as I am continuing on with my "Stop The Wars" Blog Protest with two new Posts..feel free to add a comment..if you feel like it..

Have a nice Sunday...

Blessings,

Rhi

Jenny said...

Hmmm, the ladies give you headaches?? Maybe you are meeting the wrong ladies! ;-)

Unknown said...

Mick that was interesting!

Mick & Cathy said...

BF,
I'm not sure about that one, I don't seem to have that problem.

Rhi,
Its funny how we all have unexplained pains in different areas. I think its something to do with us all getting older.

Jenny,
You may have a point there. Trouble is the ladies I meet always seem to gat a headache.

Tex,
Welcome back.

Rachel said...

I have a friend that always says, "Getting old ain't for sissies." Looks like that's true no matter where you live.

Modigliani said...

Wow! I wonder what that stats are for Americans? I'd have to include neck pain on my list! I get a stiff neck at the worst times.

Mick & Cathy said...

Rachel,
You have to be tough to get old.

Mo,
Its strange how different things effect each of us.

Crystal said...

While in London, I visited The British Museum where they had this exhibit showing ALL the medications that s typical brit will consume in his/her life. It was an unbelieveable amount of pills, like hundreds of thousands of them stretched across a long long double-wide table. Unbelieveable!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Wellbutrin xland pregnancy http://www.didrex-1.info honeywell hwm 255 humidifier 1987 accord honda part Percocet overnight delivery compare pilates reformer and performer wireless tvs apple credit card jenna jameson nude http://www.search-engine-placement-5.info tooth whitening product