Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Weigh in Wednesday

Weight Last Week - 226lb

Weight this Week - 221.5lb

Loss - 4.5lb

I have missed my walks to and from work this week due to it raining most days so my exercise level is not as high as plan.
However I did train for Table Tennis Wednesday & Thursday last week. I also played my 2nd round of Golf this year last night (although had two beers afterwards), I actually surprised myself and played quite well.

I have really pushed myself hard (most of the time) with a ridiculous low food intake, here are the facts :-

Wednesday - 925cals - absolutely starving and ran out of energy.
Thursday - 1251cals - still starving
Friday - 1217cals - really tough
Saturday - 1687cals - enjoyed my bacon & sausage evening meal survived until then on 3 slices of toast and a bowl of soup.
Sunday - 2193cals - nobody actually thought I'd not have a reasonable Sunday Lunch.
Monday - 1733cals - No Pool match no beer my body is not used to that on Monday's.
Tuesday - 1844cals - Spoilt it with 2 beers after Golf match.

Total in week - 10850cals
Average per day - 1550cals

Unbelievable even for myself I doubt whether I can keep this up but will keep winning this battle. I have tightened my belt one notch this week.

It was following the advice of one of my blogging friends Regina that convinced me to write down everything I eat/drink so I can monitor my calorie intake. Early indications are this works for me and I would advise any other bloggers trying to lose weight to do the same.

I've actually devised a spreadsheet that works out the figures for me I just mark in how many portions of each food type each day to get my result. If anyone would like a copy to use themselves drop me an e'mail and I will send a copy of the master sheet to you.

Vacation in 5 weeks and my new realistic Target weight for then is 215lbs or less, we'll see.

11 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Whoa there! Don't go around "starving" for any amount of time. If your body goes into starvation mode, it will slow your metabolism and make weightloss more difficult. Also, any change you make in order to lose weight should be a change that you are willing to live with long-term because you'll have to maintain it in order to keep the weight off. For instance, I couldn't live without dessert, but I can live with having dessert only sometimes. And I can't go around starving, but I'm now in the habit going to bed on an empty stomach. You've got to make permanent changes you can live with or the weight will just come back as soon as you stop the "dieting."

Mick & Cathy said...

Regina,
Thanks you are correct, I was experimenting with very low food intake levels Wednesday to Friday.
Saturday to Tuesday (and maybe a touch more)are more like the levels I believe I will need to maintain for steady weight loss.

I will be happy just to keep at this weight during the next week.

Vanessa said...

Congratulations on your determination.

Is there a "brownie" category on your spreadsheet?

Mick & Cathy said...

Vanessa,
You can add as many different catogories/foods as you want.

Whats a Brownie ?

airliebird58 said...

Thats a really great loss there. My dietician says a loss of even only a pound is good. Infact they prefer it that way. I really think excersise makes a lot of difference.

ArleneWKW said...

An astounding weight loss. The next time you get on the scale, you may register a gain, normal fluctuation, even with exercize and good food choices. If so, don't be disappointed. If not, WOW! You are doing great and your weight over time will reflect this.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

"What's a Brownie??" Oh, Yorkshire, you're so funny. A brownie is like a very fudgy cookie, uh, I mean a very chocolate-y biscuit (chocolate, butter, sugar, flour and maybe nuts or chocolate chips). They're soft, baked in a pan and usually cut into squares. And Bob says they go great with milk.

Rachel said...

Mick, the mental attitude is half the battle and sounds like you are gaining momentum there. Keep up the good work!

I, too, am chuckling over what's a brownie! Oh my, they are so good when eaten warm with vanilla ice cream and a little chocolate syrup on the ice cream!! Yummy for the tummy and I'm sure they have sugar free ones by now?

Mick & Cathy said...

I will point out a "Brownie" in my country is a junior Girl Guide a young girl aged about eleven.

Now if I say in public I fancy a "Brownie" I will get locked up.

Thanks ladies once again for the fantastic encouragement you are all giving, it certainly encourages me with this weight loss. I'm sure I'll need your support even more if I hit a tough patch.

Vanessa said...

Thanks everyone for clearing up the brownie mystery. Oh, boy they are quite a delicious dessert that would definitely need a special calorie allotment on my diet spreadsheet.

Mick, Stay away from those other Brownies! We've got those Brownies here, too.

Mick & Cathy said...

I must try one (or more) of your Brownie's on my next visit, they sound delicious.