Saturday, August 26, 2006

This one is for the film buffs

This is a question that I had a discussion about over a few drinks a couple of weeks ago.

What Film sequels are better than the origional ?

This was quite tough the opinion of most people involved in the discussion believed very rarely that a sequel lives up to the standard of the origional.

I have since come up with the following :-

Godfather "2" is the only sequel to get Oscar for best picture in 1974 but the origional also did two years earlier.

Pyscho "2" was made twenty something years after the origional and Anthony Perkins is awesome in this film, very underrated.

Rocky "2" Well at least Rocky beat Apollo in this one.

Harrison Fords Indiana Jones Triology I prefer "The Last Crusade" the third one over the first "Raiders of the Lost Arc".

The 22 James Bond Films are all good and I don't think "Dr No" the first one (despite Ursula) is the best. I know some of the earlier ones are dated but I preferred Sean Connerys "From Russia with Love". I actually like all of them but must mention Roger Moores "Live and let die", I always had a thing about Jane Seymour.

As for Clint Eastwoods three Spaghetti westerns (although technically not a series) I'd definately go for "The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" over the origional "Fistfull of Dollars".

Talking of Clint (love some of his films) I don't believe any of the "Dirty Harry" follow ups are as good as the origional.

So what films can you name that was better than the origional ?

3 comments:

airliebird58 said...

I think 'The Empire Strikes Back' Is a better film than 'Star Wars' Thats all i can think of off the top of my head! lol.

Unknown said...

Meet the Fochers, was funnier than Meet the Parents I thought. Thats the only one I can think of right now....funny question though.

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
I'll go along with that choice.

Tex,
Not seen either of them films. Yes us blokes talk about some strange subjects at times.