Saturday, August 05, 2006

Friday Night Good Fun but the diet may have suffered.

Thirteen of us from work went out for a meal on Friday night in York. The night was organised by my gossip friend Vicky in accounts and we had to meet up in "The Last Drop Inn" at just after 7pm.

Vicky warned everyone not to be late "or else", now no prizes for guessing who was late but Vicky managed to blame her friend Sarah (yeh right).

The restaurant we went to was Cuban called "Bobo Lobo" it was very busy but is a nice place. I actually had Sirloin Steak which was cooked in some sort of spices.

Bobo Lobo

We then visited a few bars including "Bar 38", "The Living Room" & "The Parish" before leaving at about 11.30pm. Some went on to a nightclub but I didn't want to be late because I was driving to Scarborough the following morning.

Bar 38

The Living Room

The Parish

We needed a Taxi for five of us Andrew, Sue, Sinead, Diane and myself so I phoned my usual company for a six seater. After about fifteen minutes a Taxi arrived and we all jumped in and told the driver were we wanted to go.
We set off and we realised it wasn't the Taxi company we had phoned, oh dear they will be pleased, it looks like I will need to change my Taxi company, I will be blacklisted.

I eventually got home just after midnight, oh yes and thanks Vicky for texting me at 2am.

4 comments:

Modigliani said...

OH, I hope you enjoyed the cuban food. I'm half cuban, and I personally love our food. I can see how your diet was put to the side for it. I ALWAYS overstuff when it comes to cuban. I can't stop eating it! Plus it's pretty carb-heavy.

Oh yum!

Hear me ROAR said...

hummm sounds yummy.. and FUN!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Mo,
Half Cuban, Wow I certainly know where I'm going for dinner if I ever visit San Diego, the food was great.

hmr,
Yummy & Fun you are correct.

Anonymous said...

I kinda wish I left with you, didn't feel my usual cheerful self on Sat morning!!

As for your "gossip friend" - you supply me with my info!! he he he!!

V x