Monday, August 21, 2006

Holiday Mood - Where Next

I have a money problem ?

On my last visit to the States I actually returned to England with a few dollars left over. I was reluctant to change them back to English money as you lose too much. SoI thought I would save them and use them on my next trip, no problem.

However some of you will have realised my next trip is to Canada (Toronto) so again this money is no good to me.

I have two options, I could change the American money to Canadian or I could book another holiday. No contest holiday it is.

I have checked my days off entitlement and social calendar and reckon I can do a week or so in either late November or mid December.

I know a couple of weeks ago my blog friends helped me choose a list of good North American cities to visit which I consider each trip (Toronto is from this list).

Now last December I visited Chicago but despite enjoying it is was cold in fact it never got above freezing. As I'm a wimp obviously I would like to go to a slightly warmer place this year so this is where you come in (I reckon a few more southern cities ?).

Please give your opinions on any places you suggest (including your town if you think suitable) :-
Tell me about :-
Live music scene ?
Food & Drink ?
Average Tempreture Nov/Dec ?
Other things to do ?
Why should I choose it ?

Ok flight prices may have a say in my choice but I appreciate all of your opinions, try to convince me of your choice.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

My goodness-you are a traveling fiend! I am so jealous! I am lucky to get one or two vacations in each year. For southern climes, I would recommend Savannah. I would have said New Orleans but I still think the town is pretty destroyed and not yet rebuilt. Whichever you chose, I am sure you will have a fabulous time!

Rachel said...

If I were you - I'd think Florida, California or Hawaii. 'Cuz lately down South, it's gotten bone chilling cold for winter.

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
You mentioned Savannah before and i have done a bit of research and it is a place I would like to visit one day. I will possibly tie it in with another city (poss Atlanta) but this trip may not be long enough for 2 cities. I am looking at New Orleans but like you not sure its back up and running fully, I am researching the situation.

Rachel,
California is an option, flights are more expensive but hotels cheaper. Hawaii is a bit far for this trip and also I had a friend go a couple of years ago and he wasn't too impressed (come to think of it he winges at everything).
I was thinking about Atlanta as a possibility as I can get a direct flight but didn't realise it would be cold (what tempretures do they get in december ?).

Thanks both of you for your input it is appreciated.