Monday, August 21, 2006

Last Weekend and the week ahead

With me giving my weight loss plans a big effort this week my life is quite boring at present. Thursday, Friday and today I had to go to work in the car (instead of walk) due to torrential rain, in fact August as been one long rain shower following July's drought and heatwave.
Despite the lack of exercise I hope to have lost weight on my wednesday check (we'll see) as I have cut down on the food & drink. I am currently starving but will last out until the weigh in.

I bought a new MP3 player (2gb) on Saturday as it was only £48 which I thought was a good deal, I should get over 500 songs on it before my Toronto trip in just over 5 weeks time, I need something for the flight. I actually downloaded quite a few on Sunday, maybe do a few more tonight.

Saturday Leeds managed to lose once again to a late goal against Cardiff City the highlight of the day was the fact Chairman Ken Bates threw "Puplicity" Peter Ridsdale our former Chairman (now on Cardiffs commitee) out of the board room and banned him for life. Ridsdale is the man resposible for getting us in a financial mess.

Tonight we haven't got a Pool match so I am staying in to avoid drinking beer to aid the weight loss, this is getting tougher.

Tomorrow I hope to play a round of Golf after work it will only be my second of the year.

I nearly forgot one of my "spies in the camp" informed me that a few of the single ladies at work were discussing eligible men at work and apparently I was on some of the lists. Now I've just got to find out whose list ?

Thats about it.

3 comments:

airliebird58 said...

I tell you what Mick, Ken Bates must have some Yorkshire blood in him, what a fella! He kills me with some of his comments, especially calling chelsea ' siberian schysters'lol excellent stuff!
I have to say though that I'm a bit worried with our lack of goals, this seems to have carried on from the end bit of last season. I think Kevin Blackwell's job will sadly be in danger if things continue.

Mick & Cathy said...

I reckon we are desperate for Richard Cresswell back. I wasn't so keen when we signed him (and still had Hulse) but when I watched Leeds play last season he was awesome.
Also he is from Bridlington and a boyhood Leeds fan.

airliebird58 said...

Richard is a fine upstanding name too. My brother is called Richard, and so is the illustrious Captain of Hull FC. Also our scrum half and one of our centers have the same same. So you can shout 'Come on Richard'and youve covered a lot of bases there lol.