Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Winter Vacation

Three Posts tonight

I am planning a winter vacation to the states early December. Now weekends I am available are 2nd/3rd or 16th/17th. I would like to span 2 weekends but 9th10th is our 2nd British league dates.

Well our 1st matches are this coming weekend and if we can get 6 or more points (out of 8 possible) I would be quite happy to miss the 2nd weekend, if we don't we could get into a relegation scrap and I will be needed. Last season we only got one point on the 1st weekend and ended up having to win our last match of the season to stay up, we can't take that risk again. We are not really interested in chasing promotion yet as we are bringing some young players through and are not quite ready.

Anyway if I end up been able to span two weekends here are the options I have been looking at (They are all places I will visit sometime even if not this time) :-

Atlanta & New Orleans (can get decent prices on some very good NO hotels
Atlanta & Savannah (yes Jenny I have listened to your suggestion)
Atlanta & Memphis (Ok I've been to Memphis before but its good fun)

Atlanta each time here cos I can get a decent direct flight at present, I also considered going back to Nashville but as yet can't get a good Atlanta - Nashville flight.

I've also looked at Texas (Austin and Fort Worth as Texasgal as suggested). Having problems in getting good hotels at the right price in Fort Worth but I'll keep looking. The only one Downtown that I could get a good price on was "Park Central" but it has some very bad reviews. This may end up been my next trip April/May next year.

The other place I looked is southern California and I have a question for Modigli :-
In San Diego which is the best area to get a Hotel from the following ?
Beach Cities
Mission Valley
North Coast
Downtown
Consider I won't be hiring a car as I like drinking on vacation so the hotel needs to be near the best nightlife.

Question for all of you - What is the average December tempretures in all of these places ?

I am looking at other cities and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

If it were me, I'd do California in the winter and those other places in spring or summer.

Mick & Cathy said...

Rachel,
To be honest I was leaning towards Atlanta/New Orleans but my mind is still open.
Just a question - What is the Atlanta tempreture/weather like in December ?