Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Music - The Best of the Best (Live)

Ok so its my opinion but these are my top five hits from some of the greatest LIVE Rock acts ever :-

1. The Who (never had a No1 single hard to believe but best live act ever)
Behind Blue Eyes
Substitute
Pinball Wizzard
My Generation
We won't get fooled again

2. Rolling Stones (A must see group in anyones lifetime)
Angie
Ruby Tuesday
Mothers Little helper
Have you seen your mother
Lets Spend the night together

3. Beatles (Had to be on the list)
Revolution
Lucy in the sky with diamonds
Ballad of John & Yoko
Back in the USSR
Help

4. The Kinks (Saw Ray Davies live in Chicago this year fulfilling a ambition)
Celluloid Heroes
Lola
All Day and all of the night
Death of a Clown
Wateloo Sunset

5. Small Faces (Influenced so many others)
Tin Soldier
Itchykoo Park
Here Comes the Nice
All or Nothing
Lazy Sunday

6. Eric Clapton (I love this blokes blues stuff as well)
Layla (Derek & the Dominoes)
Bell Bottom Blues (Derek & the Dominoes)
White Room (Cream)
Running on Faith (solo)
Nobody loves you when your down & out (Derek & the Dominoes)

7. The Jam (Never forget the night I saw these at Bridlington Spa in 1980)
A Town called Malice
The Bitterest Pill
Strange Town
Down in the Tube Station at midnight
Thick as Thieves

8. Oasis (Not bad for Lancs)
Don't Look back in Anger
Wonderwall
Little by Little
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Half the world away

9. U2 (Irelands finest)
Angel of Harlem
I still haven't found what I'm looking for
With or without you
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Beautiful Day

10. Slade (Ok I grew up in the Glam years but they were a great live act)
Everday
Far Far away
The shape of things to come
Cum on feel the noise
How does it feel

11. Stray Cats (Rockabilly trio only Americans on my list)
Stray Cat Strut
Rock this town
Runaway Boys
She's Sexy and Seventeen
Gina (don't you run with him)

12. Eddie and the Hot Rods (these were awesome)
The Begining of the end
Do anything you wanna do
Teenage Depression
Ignore Them
Take it or leave it

Ok this list may be slightly British biased but what acts do you think were the greatest (live) ?

I could have added a few more (didn't really go into my punk period).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some real quality listed here but surprised you havn't got room for Queen.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

I don't like music. None of this makes any sense to me.

Mick & Cathy said...

Anon,
I think there is a few more that come to mind. These are just the one's I thought of last night.

Regina,
Yeh I'll believe you (not).

Joel said...

it doesn't get any better than when Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band close a show with "Thunder Road"

Jenny said...

Great list--not so sure about Oasis, but I would add Dave Matthews Band which is just awesome in concert.

Rachel said...

Guess I'm out of the loop on this one. I like rockin' country like Toby Keith, Blak Shelton. And then mellow stuff like Lou Rawls or classical like Strauss. I have music ADHD?!!

Vanessa said...

G. and I are going to see the Rolling Stones in October (with Dave Matthews). It is my first Stones concert and I wasn't sure I really wanted to go (those tickets aren't cheap), but my doubts triggered G.'s memories about the first time he saw them 10 years ago in El Paso and the entire Sun Bowl stadium (like 50,000) sang Satisfaction.

So I'm in for treat, yes?

Mick & Cathy said...

Dc,
I wouldn't mind seeing Bruce only seen him on the television.

Jenny,
Not really seen much Dave Matthews.
I wax not really an Oasis fan for a long time but they get played all the time over here. When you hear stuff a lot of times the tunes grow on you.

Rachel,
Not listened to any of those but I've a very open mind with music nowadays and am finding new acts all the time. We don't get a lot of rockin country in the UK but I'm sure they would be fun nights.

Vanessa,
The Stones are getting a bit old now but are still probably the biggest draw in the world. I'm sure if you go into it with a open mind you will have a great night. I wish I was going to the concert I would love to see them in the US.