Saturday, September 23, 2006

My Thoughts

This weeks incident in which a blogger was made to feel uncomfortable about my comments and correspondance that followed upset me as you all know. But it also made me do what I always do in these situations, bury myself in my music and answer a few questions in my head (not a quick thinker).

Before I go on let me say I want to draw a line under this incident, I hold no ill feeling towards the person involved and I understand why she reacted like she did.

However I will share my thoughts, questions & answers with you : -

When this happend my imediate thought, does everyone think I'm some sort of pervert ?
This made me delete the post in fact I came close to deleting my entire blog but decided to apologise and think the 2nd part over. Although one of my failings is I take things to heart quite easily I usually think things over and logic takes over.
Believe it or not I put on my Mp3 player which as just under 500 songs on it and the 1st song it played was "The Last Time" by the Rolling Stones. This pointed to packing in my blog then the 2nd song (which you will not believe what it was) moved my thoughts to my other bloggers. It made me think how much I enjoy communicating with all of you, from that point there was no danger of me closing down my blog.

Another Question - Am I too Flirty with my comments ?
Well Yes I probably am, so I considered toning down my blog but after a lot of thought I decided against it.
Why ? Well this is what I am like I will say things that are complimentry and also jokey to people. If people can't understand this mentality I can't control that. I am male and yes I find females attractive (thats what most of us men do). I will add I am no danger to anyone and I am totally respectfull as far as ladies are concerned, I'm sure anyone who really knows me would tell you the same. I do enjoy flirting it is a laugh.

Another Question - Should I meet other bloggers if in their City or Town ?
Well anyone that reads my blog knows that if possible I would like to meet a lot of my blog contacts. If you read my profile you will see my interests include travel & meeting people so it is natural to want meet other bloggers when in their vicinity. Although the choice is theirs.
I started my travels visiting various Cities well before I started blogging, I travel to meet people, see the world and make new friends. That is what I like doing.

Final Question - Are Bloggers Friends or Acquaintances ?
My opinion is people I blog with on a regular basis are nearer friends than acqaintances. In real terms they are probably something in between but I do think the people we choose to blog with
are people we like and respect.
Certainly my top bloggers I would like to call friends, I really do like them as people.

I will complete this by saying if ever I say anything that offends anyone, it is not intentional and I will remove the post immediately.

Finally You have all dissapointed me this week (wink) Didn't anyone notice on my Wednesday Update I have lost 4.5lbs in the week.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I have a question for you - no, wait, that was for Coach Shula (Alabama lost yesterday). I have a question for you - no, wait, that was is for Coach Shula as well. Hold on - on yeah - I have a COMMENT for you.

Congrats on the weight loss!I guess we were all busy trying to "pump you up" (old, old Saturday Night routine - ever seen that show?) but that's awesome!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rachel,
And all the pumping up I recieved from all the bloggers will never be forgotten.
I have a few other issues on my mind at present (that I can't blog about) and the fact I could possibly hurt a blogger just gutted me. I would never do that delibrately, the reason I blog with you all is cos I think you are really nice
people.
One of the reasons I blog is to make friends, ok some may have different reasons but thats how I am (I also know most are online friends and we will never meet but I'll try to meet some but only if they want to).
If I thought I was upsetting people I would pack it in, the support I got gave me a real boost.
As for Alabama Coach, sacking ours seems to have done the trick.

Vanessa said...

I've been out of the blogging loop for a couple of days, so I wasn't able to respond to the original post commenting on your blogging buddies. I wasn't offended one bit and thought it was quite funny and nice. Thank you for looking beyond the Filo!

I read different blogs for different reasons--some are always funny, others are always thought-provoking, yours is an interesting point of view, sense of humor, and yes, a bit of the flirt that I wouldn't get anywhere else.

Good to know you're sticking with it. Must be fearless and honest with blogging; if not here, then where??

Mick & Cathy said...

Vanessa,
Thanks for your comments, I don't ever aim to offend anyone. I made a mistake with one comment and with hindsight wouldn't do it again. Something in the persons history made my comment intimidating, although my mistake was innocent it upset me and I really feel for this person. Believe me she is not to blame.

Joel said...

well I missed the entire mess and for that I'm more than a little disapointed... I have a few theories based on absolutly ZERO facts at who you might have offended, but I won't venture any public guesses.
I will say this, I've been there before with offending my readers... I've even gotten angry emails and anonymous angry comments. (I've never gotten a death threat though but there is still time).
anyway, my advice is to only apologize if you really feel like you made a mistake and also, don't delete your blog no matter what... take a few weeks off, have a guest host (I did that once before) but don't throw away something you've put so much time and energy into.

Anonymous said...

Joel,
Don't know if your guess is correct but the person I offended is no longer on my list of bloggers so maybe you can work it out from there.
I hold no grudge against this lady (she was in no way to blame) and I would like to think she checks out my blog occasionaly even without commenting. Maybe even change her opinion of me sometime in the future months,who knows.