Monday, September 18, 2006

Where have all the good bloggers gone ?

Now before anyone gets upset at this article it is not about those of you in my blogging circle of friends.

When I started blogging just over 6 months ago following a chance reading of Regina's blog had got me commenting. I was persuaded to start my own blog and decided I would like more people to communicate with, at the time Regina & Joel supported my blog.

Over the first few months I made a few comments on the blog friends of these two bloggers and got a few comments back. I wanted my own circle so started to do random blog searches, when I found a blog I liked I commented and some of these started to write back (a few didn't reply). I think thats where most of my blog friends have come from and you are all great people that I really do consider genuine friends.

That brings me to my point, during the last week I have done quite a few blog searches and can't seem to find any blogs that interest me or that I feel I want to write to.

That raises the above question - Where have all the good bloggers gone ?

Perhaps I've got all the good one's on my list already.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

You know, I go through spells where I find like 4 or 5 new blogs and then nothing for a few months and then another bunch. I just think it is cyclical. Instead of random searchs, I tend to follow a commentor on one blog to their blog and then their fav blogs and then those people's favs... You can stumble on some interesting stuff!

ArleneWKW said...

I haven't gone blog searching for quite some time. I tend to find blogs in the way Jenny describes.

airliebird58 said...

I look at links too and sometimes just click on the next blog button. A bit hit and miss I know, but I've come cross some really good ones that way. I have to say though, I havnt worked out how to do links on my blog yet, it never seems to want to work! :)

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
I've got a few that way as well.
For the record you were a random blog search and I've never regretted that one.

Arlene,
I believe we found each others blog via a mutual blogging friend if I remember correctly.

Airliebird,
I definately found you via a search for fans of the mighty whites.

Rachel said...

Mick I was gonna list the ones I like to read and I don't know, my brain just said hey, look over there!

Here's ome I like to read - that aren't listed on my favs, but I do read them quite often. Pretty Polly - http://nycpolly.blogspot.com/

Bored in Kansas http://butterflychic26.blogspot.com/

Charming but single: http://charmingbutsingle.blogspot.com/

Life of a Manac Manager:
http://hoorayblog.blogspot.com/

You may already read some of these but I've had no nectar of the morning gods today so if you already have them listed, I blame it on that!

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks Rachel I'll look these up.

airliebird58 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joel said...

yes I'm proud to say I was one of the original supports of your blog... and I must say that I'm amazed at how quickly you've built your own circle of blogger friends. I have never had that much luck with the random blog search button. I usually find a new blog off links from my fav bloggers.