Saturday, September 23, 2006

Isn't Sport Great - Well Today anyway


Ok my Soccer team (Leeds United) have been crap this season, couldn't score in a brothel, in the relegation zone, sack the manager and what happens.

Yes you have got it beat League Leaders Birmingham City 3 - 2, the season starts here.






On to the Golf yes Europe are wooping the Americans (again).
As I write this we are going to be at least 4 points up going into tommorrows singles.

And Yes Your Tiger is having a nightmare keeps hitting is balls into the river, what a shame.



And of course we must mention the only Yorkshire man thats Austrailian. Darren Lehman playing his last ever match for our beloved Cricket Team and them needing to avoid defeat to escape relegation what does he do - Scores 339 runs in a innings (we declared on 677 for 7).
Today we stayed up.
An outsider playing for Yorkshire was unknown until the 1980's the Club would only allow people born within the boundries of our great county. They were stopped from doing this by the racial equality commision and outsiders are still very rarely accepted. To most of us it was Patriotism not Racism but this man has won everyone over, he is an hero. What a way to sign off, Today belongs to Darren.

2 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Whaheyyyy!!! A win! We listened to the game on radio Leeds and even they were excited. They've had such a job of late trying to make things sound ok lol. Lets hope this is the start of something good!
Now I love sport, unusual for a woman I know, but I cant abide 3 of them, and you mentioned 2 in your post. Cricket, golf and motor sports! lol.

Mick & Cathy said...

Yes a great win, I also listened on Radio Leeds. Did consider going but had a few things I needed to get done before my vacation (last free day). I reckon its such a tight division we can get back into contention by christmas.
I've never been into motor sports and to be honest not a big cricket fan. I'm still a fan though if Yorkshire or England are playing, saying that I would be if it was tiddlywinks.
I like Golf but mainly as a player not spectator and the Ryder Cup is the only time I consider myself European.