Sunday, August 12, 2007

Update on Today

For those that read my yesterdays post I got beat in the last 8 of the tournament in both Singles and doubles, both times it was against much higher ranked players and both times it was by 3 sets to 1 so not a million miles away. To be honest I didn't think I was quite as strong today I was quite tired from Saturdays efforts.
I'm really chuffed with my performance I'm sure my training is paying off (plus weightloss maybe), but to be honest I'm really shattered and everthing aches, arm, shoulder, back, legs, knees, etc. not sort of injury pains just overworked pains. I reckon I've gotta get fitter to compete consistantly at this level.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mick you really worked hard, sorry you got beat. But what great exercise you got! wow. I am impressed

airliebird58 said...

Well done Mick. It's been quite a good weekend all round hasn't it? :)
Apparently a good rub down with the Radio Times helps with aches and pains lol. Must be something to do with the ink! ;)

Mick & Cathy said...

Tex,
Thanks, it was really tough but getting beat wasn't a worry I wasn't expected to get to that stage so I'm pleased to have over performed.

Airliebird,
If I used the Radio Times I'd just turn blue with the ink.

Anonymous said...

it's a shame you got beaten but hey, you got there, thousands didn't!!!

keep training, your fitness will get better and you'll feel better and it's probably a sign that you need a rest day if you're sore, so take it easy
x