Monday, August 20, 2007

Music Monday - The "M's"

Well following the journey back into the 1950's for the "L's" last week I thought I'd better find some classics for this week. There is a good choice for the "M's" and I've left out may good acts which I'm sure you can all name.

This is my pick I'm sure you'll like them !

1. Moody Blues "Nights in White Satin" - This as got to be up there with some of the all time great songs, I think so anyway it actually only made No19 in the UK charts on its release in 1967 it did better five years later reaching No9.


2. Manic Street Preachers "If you tolerate this" - I thought a few good songs appeared in the 1990's and I reckon this is one of them even though the group is Welsh.


3. Mott the Hoople "All the Young Dudes" - Ok I was brought up on Glam Rock and this is one of my favorites, it was origionally wrote by David Bowie It made No3 back in 1972 for Ian Hunter and the boys. Great photo's in the clip showing a few Glam greats.

6 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Well I have to go for Mott the Hoople, that was my era, when life where so very simple, you just had a good laugh! :)

celtic_girl said...

My choice is the Moody Blues.

I have replied to your tag of last week, sorry it took me so long.

Anonymous said...

none of the above :-(

knights in white satin always reminds me of this cheap perfume they were flogging when i was a wee girl, man i'm getting old!
x

Meow Meow said...

Moody Blues = )

See I feel MOODY and I definately get the blues

ArleneWKW said...

I'm looking forward to once again hearing Knights in white Satin tomorrow when I'm doing some work at the computer. For now, I'm doing a little catching up. I'm sorry to hear about your company closing down and glad that it won't put you in a financial crisis. You list of 5's is interesting.

Mick & Cathy said...

I agree with airliebird and would go for Mott a period of my life from which I have so many memories.