Friday, August 24, 2007

Bits & Bobs

One thing I'm happy about is the fact its a Bank Holiday weekend so I get 3 days off work, not back while Tuesday and I need the break. Saying that I'll probably get called out but I hope not.
On the work front the consultation process continues next week but today it was rumoured somebody may come in with a late bid to buy the place, to be honest I'm just about fed up with all the rumours and the quicker everything is decided the better, I've been f****d about enough.

Tomorrow I'm Table Tennis training with our British league squad it should be hard but good. Sunday night I'm off out for a few beers with my workmate "Skid" just around some local pubs.

I had a weigh in at work today and the result wasn't good I've put on 1kg, I'm now 103.5kg (remember I'm fully clothed in work gear), its not a surprise I've had the occasional weak moment but I did hope to at least break even, probably not exercised enough.

History Question - What happend on this day in 1814 ? I'm sure my American friends will know and remember don't mess with the British.

The Mighty Whites are away against "Nottingham Forest" tomorrow and it will be a hard match but we are optimistic the winning start will continue and another 3 points will be knocked off the minus 15 we started with.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I believe today is the date the British occupied Washington DC and they set fire to the white house and other important buildings. Naughty King George...

Moby Dick said...

Is this when the British burned down The White House and briefly conquered parts of America again??

Moby Dick said...

Darn, Jenny had beat me to it! Good luck with your job. I suggest you invest in a proper digital scale. Weighing yourself wearing work boots and fully clothed is a bit innaccurate at best.

airliebird58 said...

Some people say we're still in charge, or Her Majesty is *wink*
Onto a different note Mick, what about those lads of ours!!!??
6 more points to go,6 more points to zero! Bit of a lucky win really, but who gives a monkeys? I dont! :D

Mick & Cathy said...

jenny & Spider,
Yep you got it and only 4,000 Red Coats, but joking aside our countries are so close in everything from language to democracy I'm pleased to have so many friends in the US.

Airliebird,
You must hae posted as I was doing my tonights post but again what a superb performance again we will show them, we will win this league against all odds. Thats three of the fancied teams we've put to bed.
Apparently we are trying to sign Hibs captain Robert Jones (Centre half) for £1million. We are also after Steve Davies a 19year old winger from Tranmere he is really promising, arguably their best player.
Another plus Derry & Einarrson are back in training and should be available by October.

Anonymous said...

time to get your scales sorted Mick that way you can get accurate readings.

don't worry about it! they are not exactly ideal scales for weighing in on.

try and get some more walking in?

take care
x