Wednesday, August 22, 2007

This & That

I'll start with work and the plans for closure, at present we are undergoing a 30 day consultation process between management and Workers representitives. I'm actually on the committee for this so can't really say too much. The local MP came to site Monday and I met him he's actually trying to help.
There's only really two things I want to know - When will I finish & How much will I get ?

Today I was actually headhunted a company's manager phoned me up asking if I was interested in working for them, he wants me to send my CV. I'm unsure if I'm interested I'll give it some thought but its an option, need my questions answering first.

I don't think I've done too well lately with losing weight (probably holding my own at best), I went to Pool Monday, we didn't have a match but I was supposed to be playing singles but my opponent failed to show. However I then found out we had a rearranged match last night so that was too nights drinking beer (not good for weight loss).
Also yesterday I was going well, Porridge & Blueberries for breakfast, rest of day Fruit (Apple, Cherries, Banana & Orange. Anyway I got home from work and was starving, I had 4 small pieces of "Southern Fried" Chicken in the fridge so decided to do it with a few spicy potato wedges. I had some roasting Parsnips in the freezer so put them in the oven, while doing it I thought why not sling in some onion rings. Not satisfied with that I boiled up a pan of water and threw in some Sprouts, Broccoli and Carrots. Then I remembered my next door neighbour had given me some Tomato's so I chopped a couple of them in half and put them under the grill.
Well what started out as a small meal ended up totally filling a large plate (believe me it was a lot), anyway not one to be beaten I battled through it but was totally bloated afterwards.
I don't normally eat again after my evening meal but when I got home from my Pool match at about 11.30pm I remembered I had a big piece of cake and stuffed myself with that. The cake was what my cousin had brought around it was from her 25th wedding anniversary.
So today I've felt guilty so on top of my porridge & fruit I've only had a salad for evening meal and thats it for today.

Exercise - I haven't trained for over a week or since I played the Table Tennis tournament the weekend before last. To be honest I've avoided because I felt a slight tweak in my Knee and didn't want to aggrivate. I'm ok now so I'm off to training tonight so that should do me good. I've also a pre season training day with our British league squad on Saturday (6 hours), that should be tough. Our first matches are in two weeks and I'm really looking forward to playing in a higher division.

Leeds United - A great start to the season as I've previously reported and we really could do with another win at Nottingham on Saturday, we have this 15 points to make up. A special mention though to our Youth team (under 18's) for their 3-0 destruction of their counterparts from Manchester United (otherwise known as red vermin) on their own turf. The future is White my friends.

A week on Friday a few of the gang from work are going out for a meal in York and I'm deciding whether to go along. I'm also out this Sunday Skid and myself are off to tour a few of the local nightspots, not at work on Monday its a bank holiday.

Thats about it for today, well I could mention 3 weeks from now I'll be on the big bird somewhere over the Atlantic, can't wait, and I'm gonna meet a couple of Blog friends that will be fantastic.

6 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Well you seem to be very busy, and that large meal you had, a lot of it was low in calories, lots of veggies are good aren't they?
I think you are right to give yourself some time before making decisions about your future, I'm sure everything will work out for the best. :)

Meow Meow said...

I'm glad you and RAch get to hook up = p

Better get your rest now!!! Atlanta can wear ya out!

One day at a time and at least you have something that you are really looking forward too!

Jenny said...

Headhunted--very cool! You are quite the man in demand!

ArleneWKW said...

That's cool that a headhunter sought you out. Whether or not you end up taking or going after the job, it's nice to know that you have options. I'm glad you listened to the first tweak of your knee. It sounds like the bit of rest you gave it helped.

Anonymous said...

i'm so jelous of your upcoming holiday, i can't wait to head o/s again. we're going to visit Europe next so watch out, you may hear me knockin'.

best not to over do it if you felt a twinge in your knee, they really are testy parts of the body.

sounds like most of your meal was veges, don't worry about it.

back on track - every day is a new beginning!

you walk to the pub and stuff don't you? that all helps!

take care

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
I'm a bit lucky in that respect I actually like fruit and veg so can get away with filling up on them.
I'm in no rush for a decision I'll hang in there for as long as possible its all improving what I eventually get.

Rebecca,
It'll be great to meet Rach I've blogged with her a long time and have always liked her and her attitude to life, I'm sure we'll get on, I hope so.
I'd really like to meet you and so would Rach hope you can make it, we both mean what we are saying please come along, you will be with friends.

Jenny,
Yes I was a bit honoured and slightly shocked.

Arlene,
I really am unsure what I'll do I have a few ideas but nothing concrete.
Resting the knee was the right thing I've had no reaction to training on it so thats good.

San,
I really do love travel and meeting people making new friends and I reckon you have a similar outlook.
I don't think my knees will ever be perfect I probably ask too much of them.
Yes I do walk to the pub.