Sunday, August 05, 2007

Friends

What is a Friend ?

Personally when I meet people I find I like most people but do admit some I do take a dislike to, can't explain it it just happens sometimes.

Anyway the one's I don't like are insignificant its people that become friends that really matter I reckon.

Where am I going with this post well I'm asking how many good quotes/sayings can you all come up with that sums up what a real friend is ?

I'll start it off with these gems :-

1. A friend is somebody that walks in when the rest of the world walk out.

2. A friend is someone who knows all about you but loves you anyway.

3. True Friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.

4. A Friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

5. One who finds a faithful Friend finds a treasure.

6 comments:

celtic_girl said...

A friend is someone who loves you "warts and all."

A Friend is there to offer a hand or ear when needed and is not judgemental. AMEN!

ArleneWKW said...

I really like that 3rd quote. You touch on a subject that I think about now and then. I think there is something different about friends that go back a long time. My hubby Matt has friends from when he was a kid. He's written about their annual reunion in his most recent post. What I wonder about is when does an acquaintance start becoming a friend. I've had hang along buddies; we're friends as long as we belong to the same organization or are both into kayaking, for example, but when our common interest ends so does our friendship.This comment is getting too long, so I'll stop here.

An interesting topic.

Suzy said...

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked".

Jenny said...

"Friends are the Bacon Bits in the Salad Bowl of Life."

"If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"

Anonymous said...

Friends are like gems, rare and precious...

I gave Christian a magnet with the friend reaches for you hand quote, he still treasures it.

Take care friend
x

Moby Dick said...

There's no ship like a friendship.