Wednesday, August 15, 2007

13 nights 5 hotels

Its less than a month to my next trip to North America and I'm really looking forward to it as I'll be visiting two cities I've never been to. I'm sure I'll have a great time and will be telling you all about it.

The unusual thing about this trip is the fact I'll be staying in 5 seperate hotels in 13 nights so here is the plan :-

Tuesday 11th September - After work I'll be getting a train to Manchester airport (have to change at Huddersfield) staying over at "Bewleys Hotel" on the airport. I usually stay at this hotel I think they are getting to know me, they do a great buffet breakfast.

Wednesday 12th September - Fly with US Airways to Philadelphia where I will stay at the "Comfort Inn Downtown Historic area". On the plus side they provide a free continental breakfast which isn't always the case in the US. Reading the reviews it seems to be in walking distance to most things to see and some good nightspots. I'll be staying here five nights.

Monday 17th September - Fly to Atlanta with Delta airways and staying in midtown at the "Best Western Granada Suites". I'll be staying here 4 nights and again they provide a free breakfast but it sounds like a good British one with bacon & sausage if you want it. During weekdays (like while I'm there) they have a free cocktail hour so I must get my moneys worth lol. I picked midtown over downtown as I checked out some reviews and although downtown is good for all the sites its a bit of a ghost town full of dodgy charactors at night according to some locals. Midtown does have a bit of nightlife and is near enough to downtown to spend the days there.

Friday 21st September - An area I wanted to visit while in Atlanta is Buckhead which is a trendy area up at the north end of the city. It has some big shopping malls and Buckhead village
is full of trendy restaurants and nightspots so it could be a good weekend. I'll be staying Friday & Saturday night at the "Sheraton Hotel" got a real good deal and the big plus is I'll be joined by certainly one of my blog friends Rachel and hopfully we can convince another to join us thats Rebecca , perhaps everyone that reads this can encourage her cos we both really want to meet her.

Sunday 23rd September - This is my final night and I'll be spending it at the "Hampton Inn" which is in a suberb to the south of the city called College Park. It is close to the airport and provides a free shuttle service so I thought it a good idea as my flight is at about 10am Monday.
If I'd stayed an extra night in Buckhead I'd have had to leave the hotel before 7am which would have meant a early night. That was pointless so staying near the airport will mean I'm not so rushed prior to my long journey. I'll probably get a nice meal and just have a quiet drink at a local bar.

Should be a great trip.

6 comments:

Meow Meow said...

I bet you liked Rach and her description of her golden bronzed tan and sultry hair. Oh, I hope it works out for you too. You may just become a U.S. Resident after all. OR fly her across the ocean and make her sit for tea time.

Jenny said...

Sounds like another fun trip planned and you will be leaving on my birthday, September 11! Maybe one of these days you will be in the same state as I and I can buy you a beer!

Moby Dick said...

YOUDAMAN!

Anonymous said...

i'm so jelous, i love America and can't wait to go back. man you do some travelling!

thanks for your advice, it is true, i eat crap and mostly for the sake of eating it, not because i'm hungry or even feel like it.

i have joined WW, i weigh in once a week, can stay for the meeting if i like or attend as many meetings in a week that i like so i'm happy with that. i just need something to get me back on track and kick started. i kept thinking, i'll do it after the boys b'days but that's another 2 weeks and Lord only knows how much i would have gained by then.

i have made a deal that i can eat what i like at their party etc but HAVE to stick to plan before and after otherwise i get nothing. hubby is in on it too so it should be good.

anyway, this ended up being about me and it's your blog
x

celtic_girl said...

Your itinerey sound great, I sure am jealous!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
Yeh sure I liked Rach and her description but thats not too surprising cos I liked her before her description.

Jenny,
Yeh it will be a fun trip I'm sure, it'd be good if our paths cross at some stage then I'll hold you to that drink.

Spidey,
Am I ?

San,
If you like it in America plan to go again, life is not a rehearsal do what you like.

Celtic,
I find its best to sort it yourself rather than a package deal its also cheaper that way, surprising what good deals can be had.