Friday, August 10, 2007

This and That

A few things tonight and I'll start with weight loss, at my last weigh in on my home scales (20th July) I weighed 216.5lb. Well following that my scales played silly sods and won't work so I know have started weighing on some industrial scales at work each Friday.

Last week on these scales that are very accurate (calibrated for product) I weighed 103.5kg which actually equates to 127.7lb. At first look this looks like I've gained a massive 11.2lb but actually to explain on my own scales I was naked and on these scales I jump on as I pass I'm wearing all my work clothes including heavy Flame resistant trousers, Steel Toe capped safety Boots and Safety Helmut plus carrying a radio. My previous scales may have been slightly out but the clothing & work equipment explains a big part of it I believe.

Anyway I'll take the 103.5kg as a new start weight and I'm pleased to report a 1kg loss this week as my new weight is 102.5kg.



Moving on last Friday I went for a night out wearing the shirt most people voted for, it was fun after meeting up at the Red Lion we went to a restaurant I've not been to before, then on to a cocktail bar called "Vudu". This took us to about midnight when most people went home as a Taxi was booked however Me and "Skid" decided to go on to a nightclub and to be honest we didn't pick well, tried a new one but it just wasn't our scene didn't like the music and most of the others there were all kids.

I didn't mention the meal was a leaving do from work for the lovely Tracy from Shipping department, she actually finished today and I gave her a big hug in reception as one does. There was actually ten of us for the meal six nice ladies, Tracy, Karen, Sue, Sam, Kathryn & Diane among the blokes Beachy and Teflon made up the numbers. It was a good laugh and I can't wait for the next outing (probably 31st August).



As I said last night I've booked my next Vacation and its back to the States and its two new Cities for me. I'm going mid September spending 5 nights in Philadelphia (must see the Rocky Statue) before moving on to Atlanta. In Atlanta I'm spending the first four nights in a hotel in Mid town before spending the weekend (Friday & Saturday night) in the Trendy Buckhead area to the north of the City.

More details later but the big news with this trip is I'm hoping to meet up with two of my blogging friends, yes two if I'm lucky. Hopfully Rachel and Rebecca will both be able to get to Atlanta what a gang of three, sure to get some great pics.



This Weekend I'm playing Table Tennis at the Halifax Veterans Summer Tournament, although out of season this is always a popular event attracting players over the age of 40 from all over England, many nationally ranked.

On Saturday you play in a group of about 6 or 7 players and depending where you finish dictates which section you play in Sundays Knockouts. The Top two go in the main section which is always very tough, next two into Band "2" and the remainder into band "3". Last year I came third in my qualifying group but on the Sunday I did well to reach the Band "2" final but eventually lost.

Training as gone well I think this summer so with a bit of luck I'll have a good weekend, I'll let you know.

Can't go without mentioning the Mighty Whites, the talking is over, the injustice is done, we know where we stand (15 points adrift), now is the time for Leeds United to shine, good luck at Tranmere to the boys. MOT.

Let the miracle happen.

8 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Well done with the weight loss. The holiday sounds really nice, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Good luck with the tournament, and last but not least:
Come on you mighty whites!!
:)

Rachel said...

First of all, in my truly American way, must ask - what the hell is a "kg"?

Love the phrase "silly sods"!

Rebecca knows she is supposed to be there! It will be much fun although I need to email you some info I got from Belbo 'bout Hotlanta.

Allright, I've spread enough joy and sunshine on your blog today (ha ha).

ArleneWKW said...

How very cool that you'll get to meet two of your blogger friends. As for your getting rid of the weight, excellent! You're doing something right. (I like the phrase "silly sods" too.)

Jenny said...

Great job on the continued weight loss and hooray on another trip to the states! Philly and Atlanta are fun places to go so you will definitely enjoy your next trip!

airliebird58 said...

12 more points to go, 12 more points to zero!
That's win number one Mick!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
Thanks on the weight loss, I'm really looking forward to my next trip as I've never visited either place before and now I've two more reasons to look forward to it, I can't wait.

Rach,
Kg is the symbol for Kilogram a unit of measure equivellant to 2.2lb. We've had to move to these measurements because the rest of Europe uses it.
I hope Rebecca can make it as I said a great "gang of 3", keep on at the girl.
I've been checking out and asking questions on Atlanta but it'll be good to get Belbo's opinion, it sounds like there are some real good restaurants and clubs in Buckhead village (about a mile from the hotel).
Thanks for the joy & sunshine lol.

Arlene,
Thanks I hope to lose a touch more before my trip, we'll see.

Jenny,
Thanks yeh I reckon they will both be good fun.

Airliebird,
Yeeeeeees MOT

Moby Dick said...

Good job on the weight loss, however, I hope you will consider investing in new scales as it has to be a bit off when you are weighing in with your full work gear. Do all the clothes, boots, etc. weigh the same every time?

Anyhow, I guess that is for future consideration. As long as you can feel there is loss around the waist then you know you are going in the right direction! Keep on keeping on.

Mick & Cathy said...

Yes Spidey the equipment I carry and wear at work is consistant and these scales are calibrated regular so are accurate. Hence I will use these for the time been.