Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Work Update

Well the takeover absolute dedline came and went and we are still no wiser -

11.00am - Local MP talks to staff rep on phone inform us the papers are been signed over.

11.30am - Local press phones Plant Manager asking him about takeover, he refuses to comment as he has not had confirmation from head office.

2.30pm - Absolute dedline for takeover passes.

3.00pm - Plant Manager phones head office to see whats happening to be told agreement close takeover imminent, me thinks we been here before.

4.00pm - People go home including Me & Plant Manager.

I've lost count how many dedlines we've passed, now we all go home for good in one months time we need to know whats happening.

Hell I'm pissed off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to say Mick it would drive me batty, i loathe living in limbo and having things hanging over me! ahhhhh i still don't know how i managed for 9 mths of this year with no real plan!

take care
x

airliebird58 said...

They say there are 2 certainties in life, death and taxes. Well I think you can add another to that list, that all ordinary people are continually kept in the dark about everything!
I hope you hear some news either way soon Mick :)

Moby Dick said...

You will be doing fine no matter what. Think positive, you will land on your feet.

Suzy said...

Oh, you poor boy. It must be driving you nuts!

Mick & Cathy said...

San,
It drives me batty, believe it.

Airlie,
So true.

Iron man,
I'm seeing all this as an opportunity, hell someone is going to give me some decent cash for not working is the worst case.

Suzy,
It is, not knowing is far worse than ether option.