Friday, November 02, 2007

Takeover

Well it looks like the takeover at work is going to happen but the good part is of course I'm still getting my contract terminated. This means I'll still get all my redundancy money at the end of this month irrespective of whether I work for the new company or not.

We don't even know what the plans are for the site, what products they will make but we are expecting the owners to come to site and start recruiting an initial team. According to the local newspaper they are hoping to start some production in January/Febuary. I think a lot of money needs spending on site infrastructure cos a lot of maintenance work is required.

I reckon with my job and site knowledge I should be offered a job but I'm making no decision until I see the offer, I'm certainly fancying December off at least. At present I'm very open minded about what I'll do, just need some thinking time.

Tell you more later.

4 comments:

Joel said...

even if you still don't know how the job situation will work out for you in the end at least SOME progress has finally been made.

Meow Meow said...

Well, I hope they make you an offer to stay on as a manager/leader and increase your PAY!!!!

Hope the world is treating you kindly and all is well and happy.

Thank GOd it is FRIDAY!!!!

Yeah for blogger letting me post and actually read your blog

Anonymous said...

that's very exciting! yeah, take December off, i'm trying to encourage hubby to take 6 months off. man i'd jump at the chance!
x

Mick & Cathy said...

Joel,
Slow but sure.

Rebecca,
Its in their court, a good deal or I leave as simple as that.

San,
December looks like I could be working now but I will soon be having time out.