Thursday, November 22, 2007

I reckon I'm Busy

Yesterday at work we had a visit from a large group of people representing the new owners. I took a few of them around part of the site, I think they are just getting a feel for what they have bought.
When we had finished a tour one of the senior ones told me he is coming back to site to talk with me next week.

On a different subject England Football team failed to qualify for the European Championships last night when they were beaten 3-2 by Croatia. To be honest they were garbage but manager Steve McClarens selections & tactics were a complete disgrace. This morning he has just been sacked, not before time in my opinion.
To drop your goalkeeper and play a young lad in his first competitive international match was stupidity, the lad bottled it and his career is probably destroyed.
Why was Wayne Bridge playing and Ashley Cole on the bench, there is no comparison. Why play with only one striker ? I could go on but the result says it all.

It wasn’t all doom and gloom last night, I had a good night at Pool. It was the Local Pubs annual competition Semi & Finals night. I’d qualified for the Semi and was drawn to play my mate Lofty. It started badly when he won the first two frames of a best of five match, he then was on top in the third and got down to relatively easy Black. Of course his mental block against me kicked in (can’t beat me at anything) and he bottled it big style.
As they say “the rest is history” as I turned up the heat to win the remaining frames in style.
The 2nd semi also went to five and was won by my League team mate Phil. Two long matches and we started the (best of seven) Final at about 10.40pm, it was going to be a late one. Once again the match went to the wire although I was never behind 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3 to set up a grand finale. Again my nerve under pressure held firm into the early hours as I took the frame to be crowned Champion.

Tonight I’m out again playing Table Tennis for Lofty’s team in the local league so of course I’m sure I’ll mention the Pool, hell you’ve got to when you have the Bragging rights.
Hope I play better than I did in the York League on Tuesday, I was abysmal losing three straight to a Player I always normally beat. Our team got a bit of a drubbing 8-2 although I was involved in both our points, one singles and a doubles.

On another note I've not been doing too well on the weight loss I reckon, I've been eating and drinking too much lately. I've not weighed in so you never know. I've another leaving do on Friday night, its paid for by the company and about 60 people are going. A night of free drink and food is always fun.

Ah well that’s my update, take care everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey, that's a better update!!! :-)

well done on the pool, you could teach me a thing or two, i only play well when i have consumed large volumes of bundy and coke.

i can't believe what you were saying about the English coach, what an idiot, i mean seriously, that was just poor management.

don't worry about the tt too much, you'll be back in form.

as for weight loss, you know my thoughts on that, just try to be happy and healthy. you'd be surprised what taking your eye off the scales can do for you!

take care sweets
xx
San

Rachel said...

hope you have fun on your night out! i am going tomorrow night to hear my nephew play.

don't let the weight thing get you down (pardon the pun). my goal from nov until january 2nd is "maintain" and if i do that, i'm thrilled.

well, off to watch a night of Hitchcock classics! can't wait!

Mick & Cathy said...

San,
I reckon you'd be competitive at Pool or any sport.
The Ex England Coach was a muppet, one thing the whole nation agrees on.
Take Care. xx

Rach,
You enjoy your night out watching nephews band.
The weight thing isn't really getting me down, I know what I want to achieve just need to start pushing myself, Jan 2nd may be a good date for a big effort to start.
And you take care, xx

airliebird58 said...

Ace Vid Mick! I seem to have been full of cold for ages, and that really picked me up. Thanks for posting :)