Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

No this is not a reference to Snow, its all about the Mighty Whites topping the division one table at Christmas. As xmas is only about the half way stage achieving this would be nothing short of miraculous considering we gave every other team a massive 15 points start.


Is it possible, well yes it is, we are now up to 4th in the Table following todays win 2-1 over Swindon Town thanks to 2 goals from Jermaine Beckford. In fact we are only two points behind the leaders although a couple of teams do have a game in hand. Without the riddiculous penalty we would be an amazing 13 points clear, its even sweeter cos at start of the season people were backing us to get relegated.

A lot of people pointed out we have no depth in the squad, but despite a few injuries they counted without our superb crop of fast developing youngsters, today it was the turn of home grown teenager Jonny Howson who had a blinder in the midfield to earn Player of the Match.

This week our manager told England Under 21 manager to get his backside to ER and check out a few of our young uns.


Anyway the message is still the same F**K OFF to the Football League.

9 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Well I'm doing a little bit of catching up now. I guess it's been hard for you with the uncertainty of you job situation and a lack of facts with which to plot your future. At least you now have some idea about the financials. Hopefully much will be resolved before the new year.

As for the geography of a woman and as a woman of friggin 61 and therefore "like England (or Mongolia)with a glorious and all conquering past but alas no future" all that I can say Mick my dear is that . . . if I ever again
see you in person . . . I will retrieve my various and awesome powers and send you shrieking into a cold and fearsome future . . . until you beg for mercy . . . and declare womenfolk whose ages pass the half century point . . .
flaming hot babes. No future indeed!!! Maybe we're so present in the here and now with all its various passions, that we have no need to think of what's to come. We are totally and lustfully in the present.

(I'm not really mad at you. Just having myself some old lady fun.)

airliebird58 said...

All together now:
"Marching on together,
We're gonna see you win!
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud,
We love you, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds!"
:)

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
Yeh I've a lot of work decisions coming up over the next month or so. Its sort of dominating my thoughts at present.
Glad you enjoyed the Geography, not, lol.

Airliebird,
Its looking good isn't it.

Anonymous said...

hey Mick,

hope everything is ok. at least your team can still inspire you to write a post, all is not lost!

have today embarked on a little plan to regain some of my fitness that has been lost this year, along the way i may just shed some lbs...

take care hon
x

San
xx

Suzy said...

Good luck to your team.

Hope you are feeling better about things xx

Meow Meow said...

my weekend was good for sports either. We had such a good season last year. My guys are letting me down this tear. SAD SAD SAD

Moby Dick said...

Glad to read that your team is doing great. My football team, the Miami Dolphins lost their tenth straight game and are 0-10 for the season. This is their worst record since they began in the 1960s.

good luck to your boys in continuing to move up.

Mick & Cathy said...

San,
You keep to that plan.

Suzy,
Yeh I'm feeling ok.

Rebecca,
Sorry about your team but my boys are flying.

Iron,
That is not a good record.

TitanThirteen said...

Yawn