Monday, November 19, 2007

Music Monday - The "W's"

Today I've decided to use the letter "W" to have a ladies day, so here are four I've picked out :-

1. Tammy Wynette "Stand By Your Man" - Made No1 spot in 1975 for this American Country singer with her UK debut single.

2. Dionne Warwick "Walk on By" - This 1964 classic made No9 for this superb American singer.

3. Kim Wilde "Kids in America" - Marti's daughters debut single made No2 in 1981. I reckon Kim looks hot in this video.

4. Weather Girls "Its Raining Men" - Couldn't leave out these ladies, got to No2 with their only UK hit in the mid eighties.

7 comments:

Meow Meow said...

"It's RAINING MEN" hands down. I LOVE LOVE that song. I guess, it's cause I am never in the right place when it seems to be raining men. I sure would like to know the next forcast---so I could be sure to be in the right area of the country when that will happen.

Let me know.

Tammy gets my second vote!

TitanThirteen said...

Can you imagine how much hairspray went into Tammys hair for that vid? lol

Seen as Kim Wilde is Australian, the song should have been "Kids In Australia" :o)

It's raining men was better when Ginger did it :o)

celtic_girl said...

A hard choice Mick as I like all of them, but I'll have to go fr It's raining Men.

I watched a biographical documentry on Tammy Wynette the other night, she had a very sad life due to especially towards the end of her life due to health problems.

Jenny said...

I gotta go with Dionne Warwick on this one. One of my fav 70s style songs, although Tammy Wynette is a perenniel favorite.

airliebird58 said...

I'll go for 'It's raining men' But I have to give a honourable mention to Ms Tammy Wynette's hairstyle :)

Anonymous said...

has to be my life motto, stand by your man!

although Daniel (the 7 year old) would love me to say kids in america.

how are you love?
xx
San

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
With the Prof maybe you don't need it to rain men anymore, I hope so.

Cactus,
But Ginger doesn't begin with "W".

Celtic,
I'd heard the Tammy life story before, she wasn't right lucky.

Jenny,
I like the Dionne song.

Airlie,
Looks like I've picked some popular songs this week.

San,
Not a bad motto to have, loyalty is so important.
I'm ok thanks for asking.