Monday, November 05, 2007

Music Monday - The "U's"

Not quite as much choice with the letter "U" but I reckon I've found a four classics, what do you think ?

1. Ultravox "Vienna" - Classic song that never made No1 for Midge Ure, Joe Dolce's "Shaddup a Ya Face" stole that spot in 1981.


2. Undertones "Teenage Kicks" - The boys from Belfast fronted by Fergal Sharkey made No31 in 1978 with their first Chart song. This was famous Radio One DJ John Peels favorite song.


3. U2 "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" - Can't leave out another Irish group this time this supergroup from Dublin made No6 in the charts in 1987 with this effort.


4. UB40 "Red Red Wine" - These boys named after an employment claims form made top spot in 1983 with this effort.

4 comments:

airliebird58 said...

I'll go for the Undertones. Mind you my fave track of theirs is 'My Favourite cousin' The lyrics are so very clever and funny.

Anonymous said...

it has to be U2, love the band, love the song, love everything!

hope you're having a great week
x

celtic_girl said...

Ultravox - Vienna a classic!!

Meow Meow said...

U2 absolutely...I fell in love with them after I heard SUnday Bloody Sunday!