Sunday, November 04, 2007

Busy Month Ahead

I've a busy month ahead of me, next weekend I'm away in Harlow (Essex) playing for Yorkshire Veterans County 2nd team. We got promoted last season so our matches are likely to be really tough but I'm looking forward to it.

I've three leaving functions from work to attend, Friday 16th a few of us are going for a drink with some of our work colleagues including two from my department who leave on that day.

Friday 23rd the company is putting on a function for everyone thats left, yes its a freebie so plenty of Food & Drink will be had. Around 45 people are invited so it should be a fun night. Its actually the same night as the Sportsman dinner I've been invited to but will be declining. Just my luck two free functions in the same night.

Friday 30th will be our official closing date at work (although could drag on I reckon) so everyone is off to the Pub after work.

I've Pool Matches every Monday and on Wednesday 21st its the Pub finals night, I'm still in the Semi-Final where I am drawn to play my mate Lofty, don't know which of the other two I'll get in the final though, lol.

I've a few Local League Table Tennis Matches coming up, did I mention we lost 7-3 last week, I managed two wins but couldn't get near the Area Mens Champion he proved too strong on the night, well there is always next time. We have another tough one this coming Tuesday, but I'm pleased cos its the hard games that test you.

On top of the County & Local Matches I've also a Yorkshire League Match playing for York against Bradford on the 25th.

I'm expecting things should become more clear at work over the next few days, I still am unsure when I'll be working and to be honest I don't know if I want to work for the new company but I need to give my situation a lot of thought.

I've been looking at another vacation and there are a few good deals available, I've resisted booking (so far) until the work situation becomes more clear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whenever i read about how busy your life is i read it really fast, as if it's all happening at once and by the end i realise i'm holding my breath. hee hee hee

i hope you enjoy all your nights out and good luck with your matches!
x

Mick & Cathy said...

I always try to have something happening, hell you're a long time dead.