Friday, October 19, 2007

Update

Well again I walked to work but today I had a weigh in, although not a lot I've lost 0.5kg (1.1lb)since my last weigh in. I'm now 107kg in my full working gear.

Today at work we had a course on job interviews and what to put on your CV, our company has hired a firm in to this sort of thing with everyone getting made redundant. Its quite good for such as me cos although I've interviewed others I've not had one myself for years.

I've sort of been working out what my financial situation will be if I finish in November, obviously if I get chance to stay longer I'll be better off. If I base my plans around this date I can only be better off, I'll get by.

As I've said previously although I'll hang in here once I finish I'll take some time out (and I'll be travelling) I'm thinking what trips I'll do and have a few ideas (yes Australia is a serious option). One definate I'm hoping to do is Orleans for the Jazz Fest April/May, I'll do Chicago again in June/July for the Taste of Chicago .
Another place I want to visit is Austin (Music Capitol of the World) wanted to go their for a while now. Of course there is my birthday trip mentioned in last nights post don't know where yet. I'm sure other trips will happen hopfully meet up with a few blog friends would be nice, you're all welcome when in your area to join me, I'd like that.
Yep I'm gonna travel believe me.
Saying all that I'm still mulling over my December trip, I may put that off due to the work situation but don't count on it.

Finally we're all hoping England has two World Champions this weekend, England play South Africa in the Rugby Union Final, 50,000 England fans are expected in Paris for the final.

Our other hope is Lewis Hamilton who will be attempting to become the youngest ever winner of the Formula One championship in is rookie season. He leads the standings going into Sundays Brazillian Grand Prix the last of the season.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

All that travel sounds like a wonderful thing to do with yourself once you get that much needed and well deserved time off.

It is nice that your company is offering courses to help you find new jobs. My old employer did that too when we all lost our positions when our office closed and it was quite helpful.

Meow Meow said...

I want to be able to travel as frequently as you do!

I hope you get to go to Austin. I know it's a nice place.

Good going on the weight loss...after all it is a LOSS.

I hope the work situation gets clearer for you and that your $$$$ is abundant!

ArleneWKW said...

I think it's a good sign that you're getting back your motivation to tackle the weight again.

It seems like your company is trying to work with its employees with regard to the course about job interviews. In reading your previous post, it seems like this job situation might actually turn out to be a good thing for you even though its been stressful in many ways.

Australia is on my short list for travel. Also New Zealand though you don't mention New Z. Matt and I went to pre hurricane New Orleans and liked it very much - although I wish we had hoteled it in the
French Quarter instead of having to take a bus or cab from our RV Park.

It sounds like you are in for a lot of fun time. (Though at friggin 61, it does kind of ruffle my fur when you state, as you did in your last post, that you are old because you are turning 50.) Just kidding re. this. 50 is a major milestone and hopefully will be a good one for you.

Rachel said...

My sister and her husband visited New Zealand and Australia a couple of years ago. They loved it and the photos they took were stunning!

Anonymous said...

a loss is a loss!

the travel sounds wonderful. you'll love Australia - it's got so much going on and is just beautiful. plus the people rock!

it's great that you get to have your cv and interview techniques etc, when you haven't done it for a while it can be quite daunting. use all the resources available to you, it can only help.

good going on the walking, it all adds up.

as for England winning the rugby, well....

you have a great weekend and take care
xx

celtic_girl said...

The loss is in the right direction Mick, keep the walking up and you'll soon be getting the results you want.

Also on the Rugby, were rooting for the Springboks, sorry!

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
I gotta admit I'm addicted to travel at the moment so this is a opportunity.
The company is offering quite a bit, we have a onsite job workshop, free access to a financial advisor plus money for training for new skills, etc.

Rebecca,
Hopfully one day you'll get the chance to travel, I'm loving it and getting to meet some lovely people. Should have done it years ago.
I read about Austin a long time ago in fact there and New Orleans are the two cities still not visited that were on my origional list of 5.

Arlene,
Yes I'm starting to feel much more motivate things are slowly getting sorted at work.
Sorry about the age comment but I reckon you will have said the same at 50. Age is how you feel though just live for today.

Rach,
I reckon both Australia & New Zealand would be good to visit. Your Sis confirms what others tell me its a nice place.

San,
I know you feel a lot like me about travel, I've just got opportunity at present. I think if our roles were reversed you'd do the same.
Are you watching the Rugby ?

Celtic,
Come on England lets do what we did to the Aussies, lol.

Take Care everyone xx

Suzy said...

Well done for walking to work.

I HATE interviews. I don't envy you. At least the company is trying to help - and so they should.

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks Suzy.

Been interviewed is daunting, I've been at the other side of the table quite a few times in recent years so I'm sure that will help.