Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Late Show - Again

I've just got back from Elland Road watching the mighty Whites take on Yeovil, to be honest our opponents played well especially in the first half but this Leeds team doesn't know how to lose and with one minute left on the clock onloan striker Mark DeVries headed the winner to once again send the fans crazy.
In ten matches we have smashed the 15 point penalty to pieces with 9 wins and one draw (cheated), Lord Mahwinny and his cronies on the Football league committee must be gutted.
We are now up to 12th in the table, yes the top half which is unbelievable, 11 teams in front of us and 12 behind that we have overtook. We are 6 points off the lead and only 3 points away from a play off spot.
The sickening fact is without the riddiculous penaly we would be top Nine points clear of 2nd place.

4 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

I went on Pandora Woman's blog (http://willowisheslesse.blogspot.com/) to convert 5 kg. into lbs.

An eleven pound gain is significant, but between vacations and job stress it is certainly understandable and certainly not the most important thing in your life right now. The financial side of all the goings on at work sound like they could work out quite well for you. I imagine not knowing how things will turn out is difficult.
It's good that you have your interest in sports as a pleasant diversion.

Meow Meow said...

It's great to be in the top half..

Hope you are well!

Mick & Cathy said...

You're correct Arlene and a significant increase but it is normal for me to increase these sort of amounts on vacation.
The secret is to get straight back into my normal routine and I should soon lose the gain (I hope).

A few things lately have moved my weight loss efforts on the back burner but even if not losing a lot its important not to gain and undue previous good work.

Rebecca,
Thanks for the comment but if my calcultaitions are correct you posted your comment at 3.50am Georgia time.
What the hell are you doing up my friend ?
I hope everything is ok.

Anonymous said...

go Leeds!