Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Great Team Amazing Fans

No apologies for a 2nd Football post this week.

Last night Leeds travelled over the hills to play Oldham a place that hasn't always been a great hunting ground in the past. It was a close scrappy match which often happens in these "Battle of the Roses", we were without our two main strikers who were both suspended following their sending offs at Gillingham at the weekend.

The game looked set for a creditable 0-0 away point but with the final kick of the match supersub Ian Westlake struck a superb volley to send the massive travelling support into ecstasy.


Its now played nine won eight, drew one(cheated) lost none, we are now 14th in the league and closing in on the leaders. 37 matches to go we will go up. Without our 15 point penalty we would be clear top by 6 points at this stage.

Our fanatical support are filling every stadium we visit in all our away matches so far this season it has produced our opponents biggest recorded crowd. The atmosphere and noise generated is just drowning out the home fans and last night apparently a new chant was introduced mocking our 15 point deduction, listen and get the feel of supporting Leeds United.

This Chant which goes like this for those that can't speak the Yorkshire Lingo :-

15 points
Who gives a f**k
We're Super Leeds
We're Going Up.

Of course we are at home Saturday (to Yeovil) and the atmosphere will be unbelievable.

3 comments:

airliebird58 said...

I've just posted a bit of your 1st video on my blog, what fun! lol.
It cheered me up no end after the FC lost on Saturday.
You'll be pleased to hear, the Man U fan I have a running bet with thought we had drawn, he didn't know about the goal in the last seconds!
Mwahahahahaha!!!

Mick & Cathy said...

I had the same problem I was playing a TT match but while a team mate was playing was listening on my car radio. I was called in to play just as we were going into injury time and couldn't believe it when I heard the result 20 minutes later.

Anonymous said...

it gives me goosebumps reading your chant, will listen tonight at home!

it's almost enough to convert me..
x