Monday, October 15, 2007

Music Monday - The "R's"

I'm now upto the letter "R" and to be honest I'm a litte spoiled for choice so I thought I'd come up with four (yes a bonus track this week) totally different styles.

1. Rednex "Cotton Eye Joe" - Remember this song made No1 in the UK in 1994.


2. Otis Redding "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" - This classic made No3 in the charts back in 1968.



3. Ramones "Baby I love You" - Thier highest UK hit when it made No8 in the chart in 1980 for these New York Punks.


4. REM "The One I love" - And how do you like this one from 1987, I reckon its a good song.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sitting on the dock of the bay! i love cotton eye joe but nothing beasts Otis.

great choices as always.

hope you're well
xx

Moby Dick said...

Cotton Eye Joe is a pretty good song. The Rednex sound like the Chipmunks. There is a new Chipmunks movie coming soon, maybe they will sing Cotton Eye Joe.

Where did you come from, where did you go?? You do know what Cotton-eye is? I would not want to meet Cotton-eye Joe.

Joel said...

san stole my thunder... my immidiate reaction was "the Rednex over Ottis Redding? Really?"