Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Boredom & Motivation

At work we have about finished production and to be honest its getting really boring. You may think its great to go to work sit on your backside with very little to do is good but hell the day just takes forever.
Quite a lot of people have now gone so there is even less to talk to. We are in limbo at present not knowing whether we will be taken over as a production plant or we will be closed. At least once we know the answer to that question we can start preparing the plant and should be reasonably busy. Its going to be a long two weeks before we find out.

The trouble is when you have a lazy day its hard to motivate yourself to do anything when you get home.

I'm trying though today I started my regime of exercise by walking to and from work, its a thing I did last year and eventually it will help the weight loss I'm sure. I do want to get back on track I've sort of lost a lot of motivation with the weight loss & fitness levels of late but I now feel the time is right to start working at it again.

Back to work and I've decided I'm not yet ready to start applying for jobs, I've decided I'll just stay as long as I'm been paid then have a few months off probably do some more travelling cos a new job may not give me as much time off as I get now. I still need details of how much I'll actually get but I have a rough idea just need confirmation. If someone does takeover my options may be different but I'll try negotiate a job with more time off, I'm determined to live and see the parts of the world I want.
To be honest I feel like a change of direction on the job front, I've worked in industry too long and fancy doing something different just don't know what if that makes sense.

Did I mention I was out in York last Friday night at yet another leaving do for some of the process shift workers. It was a laugh but I didn't stay too late, got the last bus as I had to be up Saturday for a TT training day. Remind me not to get the bus again it takes forever driving through every village and stopping at every farmhouse, I thought my bladder was going to burst.

Last night I went out for a few frames of Pool with Lofty and following a few drinks he confirmed he would like to come with me on one of my US trips next year for my birthday. I asked if he had mentioned it to his wife but he suggested I mentioned it on my blog so she could find out here.

And its good to see one of my origional Blog friends Joel DcNats back in circulation this month I hope he keeps blogging. And as a 2nd bonus I see the lovely Redneckgirl as posted on her blog lets hope she is here to stay.

Finally a question - If there is something in life you feel is really what you want but looks totally impossible, is it worth the effort to try ?
I would appreciate your opinion although the question may not make sense.

Take Care Everyone.


Since writing this post I've just had a bit of a shock, the Yorkshire Table Tennis Association handbook came in this mornings post so I sat down to read it. Turned a page and read a trophy had been donated in memory of a old friend called George. This chap I've known for years as a Coach & Umpire he was a smashing chap one of lifes true characters always said what he thought.
Yes sure he was knocking on a bit (probably mid Eighties) but I didn't even know he had died, I'm gutted I never attended the funeral or even spoke to his widow. I don't even know when it happend but must have been early this year I think.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

it goes without saying Mick that no matter what it is you want in this world - impossible or not GO FOR IT. i don't believe anything is out of reach.

sorry to hear about your TT friend, hope you get in touch with his widow and can pay your respects.

walking is the best way Mick, especially if you do it to work and back, your exercise is done for the day so even if you're having a lazy day you don't have to worry
x

celtic_girl said...

Sorry to hear ahbout your TT friend.

I agree with you it is hard to motivate yourself, at least by walking to work you are killing two birds with one stone.

Moby Dick said...

Exercise is motivating, so if you get to it, you will feel better.

Hope things look up for your factory. If it gets converted, does that mean you will have to wear a yamulke?

RedNeckGirl said...

Mick!!!! Hello I've so missed you and your wondermus blog!

I say it's worth it to go for it.....my thoughts are that you'll NEVER know unless you try and living in the land of "what if" is not good!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. You are in my thoughts.

Hugs and Love,
Brandy

Meow Meow said...

I already know your problem and have a pretty good idea about your thoughts and feelings. All I can say is protect yourself. I do not want you heart in anyway. You are a gentleman!

Glad to know you will have some time set aside just for you! Good..even if it is watching sports and kicking your feet up at your own home.

Rachel said...

My mother always said nothing comes easy so if it takes extra effort, it's extra special.

Mick & Cathy said...

San,
Thanks I'm normally more positive than this, shouldn't use words like impossible.

Celtic,
The walking will help I'm sure, must maintain this routine.

Iron man,
I hope not.

Redneckgirl,
"living in the land of "what if"
I like that saying and you are so right.

Rebecca,
Thanks I apprecite your concern for me, you are a valued friend.

Rach,
Your mothers saying sounds like it is very wise.

airliebird58 said...

Sorry to hear about your friends death.
About the thing that seems impossible. Have a crack at it. It's better to have a go and fail, than never try and wonder 'if'
:)

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
Your advice is always appreciated, thanks.