Friday, October 05, 2007

A Bit of Everthing

I'll start with Weight Loss because as pointed out bySpidey on his blog I haven't weighed for quite while. Actually it was back in August and on the scales at work I was 102.5kg. To be honest I knew I'd increased I have had a lot on my mind and losing weight has not been a priority.
I've also been on vacation and two weeks of drinking and eating is not helpful to any weight loss, anyway my fears proved correct cos today I weighed in at 107.5kg a 5kg increase. Remember I am weighing in full working clothes. I hope to now get back on track I'll update next week.

I've played in three Table Tennis Matches this week, Sunday it was against Wakefield in the Yorkshire League we won 9-1 and I won all my games but struggled a little, I was a touch rusty since my hol.
I've had two York league matches this week Tuesday we won 6-4 and I won all three of my games, Thursday we lost 7-3 and I won two lost one. To be fair I lost comfortably in my defeat the other player is one I always struggle with. I didn't feel sharp and was dissapointed but credit where it is due he played well.

I've had a Cold since Monday and felt a bit crap, I'm starting to improve so the signs are good, I hope so anyway.

Work is a bit depressing with a number of people leaving, today the local MP was on site to meet us. Apparently there is a prospective buyer for the site and they have been given while the end of the month to put the money on the table. If that happend (and I'm not holding my breath) I'd still get my redundancy payment then possibly be offered a job back.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of going to Leeds to watch the mighty whites hopfully clock up another win, they play Yeovil a club they have never played before. Well done to our manager Dennis Wise who has been named the divisions manager of the month for the 2nd month running.

For those of you that are interested I've now downloaded all my holiday photo's for Atlanta & Philadelphia, you can find them here - Micks Photo's

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Mick,

thanks so much for your comment, it means alot to have your support.

firstly let me tell you not to worry about that gain, it's clearly work clothes and 2 weeks of beer/food that have caused a temporary rise in the scales, i bet you that one week of sensible eating and you'll be back down dramatically. move on and down i say!

you're right, we are similar btw, i just want to be comfy not skinny, and that means exercise and a little bit of self control rather than deprivation of all that food i hold dear to my heart.

i'm gonna go check out your pics!

take care
xxx

Jenny said...

Sorry about the cold and the weight gain, but it is understandable since you are going through a lot right now and I am sure your body is stressed. Take it easy and hope you are feeling better soon!

Suzy said...

I hope your cold is all gone now and you are feeling better.

Meow Meow said...

I hope that you are feeling better and that you have managed to get some sports in !

I enjoyed your pics. You do have a knack for good pictures....

Hope work sorts itself out to your liking.

{hug}

Mick & Cathy said...

San,
The fact you enjoy your exercise so much confirms to me you are fine the way you are. I think if the weight gets above a certain level is when we get lazy then just explode.
Gotta always be on guard though.

Jenny,
The Cold is a bit better but I do need to make a little effort with the weight its just sliding a little so I'll nip it in the bud.

Suzy,
Not gone yet but improving, thanks.

Rebecca,
I'm pleased you enjoyed the pics some nice one's of you.
Whatever happens at work I should come out ok, its just so boring at present.