Sunday, October 28, 2007

I want to Rant

I read something in the newspaper this week that really made me angry - A former inmate at Armley Prison is putting in a claim for £2million against the prison authorities. Why ? because he was Muslim and they gave him a ham sandwich for a meal. Sorry mate this isn't about religion its about you doing your time for commiting a crime in our country, your choice eat or starve. I'm sure if I broke the law in a muslim country I'd get Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding for Sunday lunch.

7 comments:

Suzy said...

I say "do the crime, do the time" WITHOUT special treatment.

Anonymous said...

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED! man these people, who do they think they are?

there was a serial killer here in Australia who demanded a toasted s/w maker and tv, he got it, then the country kicked up a stink and it got taken away from him.

ummm hello, you are in JAIL!!! it's not a frikin country club...

ahhhh rant over, hope you're well
x

celtic_girl said...

Yeah I agree with you.

airliebird58 said...

I'm all for respecting other peoples religions, but I think we have become too accommodating in this country by half. I'm proud of how this country has such a 'live and let live' attitude to most things, we're not judgemental. But I have to say some people are taking the piss now. If you decide to live in another country you live by their rules and customs and not try to change them to fit the ones of the country they have left!
Also, you don't go to prison for a holiday, if something isn't to your liking its tough luck I'm afraid!

TitanThirteen said...

I agree, and if he wins, it'll start an avalanche of stupid law suits.

Jenny said...

I swear, folks in jail sometimes get treated better than the poor humps out here just working for a living!

Mick & Cathy said...

I think its stupid things like this that really does get peoples backs up.