Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More about me and my thoughts

Today I was optimistic that I would find out at work whether we would be taken over, but alas still no confirmation either way. However if the rumours are correct the takeover will happen, but as I've said before I wont hold my breath. This has gone on far too long and like many others I'm fed up about it.

If the takeover happens I'll expect to be made redundant at the end of November so I've been working out my finances. I'll probably put a lot of my pay off money into my Pension, this way I can avoid paying a lot of tax. It will also allow me to take my pension early but more about that later when I know more.

Anyway if I am made redundant I wouldn't mind having a vacation before considering another job so I've been checking out a few deals. Where would I go, probably the States again cos I've got quite a few dollars left over from my last trip (Atlanta was cheaper than I expected) so wouldn't need much spending money.
While I'm on about dollars, have you seen the exchange rate over $2 to the £1 its a cheap trip for me once I get there.

If I do make the trip it would be good if I met up with another one of my online friends but I suppose that would depend where I went. I've actually now been lucky enough to meet four online friends and there are plenty more I really would like to meet in the future, we'll see maybe they wouldn't want to meet me.

I played Yorkshire League Table Tennis away at Halifax on Sunday, we drew the match 5-5 but I managed to win all three of my singles (lost in doubles). But hell it was tough I really had to push myself so hard to win I was knackered after, everthing hurt, gee I need to be fitter.
I've a hard match in the local York league on Thursday, its against one of the better teams who have the local Mens Champion playing for them, I'm really looking forward to the challenge.

Did I mention the "Coach of the Year" award took another twist when the Photographer from the local paper turned up at work to take my photo.

Take Care Everyone

7 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Did you let him take it?:)

Anonymous said...

ahh a trip to USA sounds fantastic! Can't go wrong with the current exchange rate

Anonymous said...

make sure you scan in the pic for us all to see!

great going on your TT - maybe you need to get back to coaching ;-)
that would get your fitness back.

the hubby and i are doing tennis and the boys also have lessons on Sat so it's been all about tennis lately, backyard tennis is great! in my youth it was backyard cricket :-)

oooh i'd love another US holiday, would love for the whole family to go and see something like Disneyland, for the boys of course....

before you know it you'll have a decision on work and it will all be sorted! no point in worrying, it won't make things happen any quicker.

you take care my friend
x

Suzy said...

They are certainly keeping you guessing at work for far too long. Hope they get their act together soon and let you know what is happening.
How exciting! plans for another holiday.

Meow Meow said...

I tried to comment yet again from home and work and blogger FROZE.
I'm pissed cause I think you think I am not coming around....I feel like you think I am neglecting you! I promise I am not.

I freaking hate blogger right now.
*****KITTY HISS****

celtic_girl said...

Not knowing would irriate me as well, as I like to know exactly what's happening. I suppose it's a waiting game at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Airlie,
Yes I let him take the pic.

Anon,
The exchange rate is great for me.

San,
I'll see what the pic looks like first, lol.
The Fitness is getting better I think.
Its years since I had a game of tennis, never was no good at serving the rest of the game I was ok though.

Suzy,
Yes work is really depressing at the moment.

Rebecca,
Don't worry I have no negative thoughts, I know you will comment when you can.

Celtic,
Bang on just how I feel,"IRRITATED".