Monday, October 08, 2007

Music Monday - The "Q's"

Well upto the letter Q and not so many to choose from this week but I reckon I've come up with three good acts. What do you think ?

1. Queen "Killer Queen" - A group that can truly be called a "supergroup" with a string of top hits. This offering was their 2nd UK chart hit and reached No2 in 1974.


2. Suzy Quatro "Devil Gate Drive" - Another hit from 1974 and this reached the top spot in the UK. I always reckoned she was kind of cute for a girl that wore leather, remember her in some of the Happy Days episodes with the Fonz.


3. Queens of the Stone Age "Little Sister" - I'll bring you more upto date with my final offering from Qeens of the Stone Age. This group were actually playing at the Roxy in Buckhead, Atlanta on the saturday I was in that city and a bloke I got talking to in a bar had tickets to go.

7 comments:

celtic_girl said...

This was a difficult one as both Queen and Suzi Quatro hold special for me. I hear Devil Gate Drive several times a day thanks to a work collegue having it as her mobile phone ring tone. Everytime it comes on we always get up and have a little dance. ha ha

But I think I will have to go with Queen, one of my all time favourites

Anonymous said...

it is a tough decision as devil gate drive is a fave BUT it has to be killer queen - memories of my teenhood flood back!

ahhh good choices for this week Mick! always said you were a man of good taste
x

Meow Meow said...

Sorry ...I guess I will pick Queen...but I wasn't really pleased with any of the choices. I love Queen in general~ but not this song so much.

I hope all is well in your world!
I enjoyed your photo's. I look like a cow, but you look cute!

Mick & Cathy said...

Celtic/San,
Thanks

Rebecca,
Who else could I choose begining with "Q" ?

And you look good in the photo's its me that looks iffy.

airliebird58 said...

Queen are my all time favourite band. I spent my teens listening to them, both my daughters have been brainwashed into loving them too lol. It does work both ways though and I pick up on things my daughters listen too. Queens of the Stone Age are an awesome band. Rock for Grown ups! :)

Moby Dick said...

I recall Killer Queen as their first big hit in the USA. Queen was a great band, too bad that I did not get to see them live with Freddie Mercury.

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
Yes I knew you'd go for Queen but I also noticed you featured Q of the SA on your blog recently.

Iron Man,
Yeh never got to see them myself but can't see them been the same without Freddie, such a showman.
I reckon you are probably correct about this song in the US. It was their 2nd hit in the UK following Seven Seas of Rye.