Sunday, July 01, 2007

Last Day in Boston

This is my last day in Boston and I've enjoyed the City and have a few tales to tell. One its ben a story of coincidence starting on the plane coming over, I got sat with four ladies and got talking, it turned out they were doing a very similar trip to me Boston then a week in Chicago, the only difference they left Boston yesterday. I haven't run into then again since the airport but promised them a drink if we come across each other again, maybe next week they are coming to some of the clubs I plan to visit.

When I arrived at my hotel I couldn't belive the girl on reception was the spitting image of the receptionist I liked when I visited San Francisco last year, she had the same big smile I reckon they must have been twins seperated at birth.

Then the other night I was heading back to my hotel and got off the subway at the south end of Boston Common and a group of pretty young ladies were walking behind me. Now let me tell you outside this particular stop is where all the down and outs seem to be at night and it can be a bit intimidating to some people (but I must add they have been no bother). Anyway I heard one of the ladies I don't like walking out on the street its not like "York". It turned out they were from the York area like me.

Other stories I visited Salem on one of the really hot days and planned to get the 4pm ferry back to Boston. I was really sticky and hot after walking the streets so I decided to grab a quick pint at about 3pm on my way to the ferry dock. Now let me tell you I don't normally drink during the day but that beer tasted so good, it never touched the sides. Well one pint led to another and next thing I realised it was nearly 8pm and thats when the last ferry leaves. I was so close to missing it, almost spent the night sleeping under the stars in the home of witches.

Last night I called at one of the local pubs near my hotel and the lovely barmaid had a sense of humour I think, she set me up with this well dressed blonde lady which I thought was good of her. However it soon became apparent this women although attractive was totally wacko I just couldn't shake her off, believe me she was totally barmy couldn't get an ounce of sense out of her. I also noticed the barmaid grinning at me a lot, to be honest I think she was wetting herself with laughter. I'll have to call tonight and have words. Actually she is a nice lass and actually complimented me for been polite she reckoned she doesn't get many customers that are as polite as me I explained thats what we are like in Yorkshire.

I've seen a lot of Boston and enjoyed the City its been worth the visit but I'm now looking forward to moving on to Chicago tomorrow.

Hope you are all well.

6 comments:

Moby Dick said...

You passed the first test. Maybe you can hook up with the barmaid. She is bound to have strong legs...

TitanThirteen said...

lol good on you Spider! lol

I bet Salem was really touristy! Didn't eat any bread from there did you? All that argot and such lol

Rachel said...

Hope you made it to The Wharf for a good seafood meal before you left Beantown!

celtic_girl said...

Now are you sure the blonde was a woman Mick, maybe that's why the barmaid was laughing

Meow Meow said...

Good to know that you a re safe and finding LOTS of women to occupy your time with....

{{{{{{Enjoy}}}}

ArleneWKW said...

I find myself smiling as I read of your adventures.