Sunday, July 22, 2007

At Last

I've finally got all my photo's from my recent vacation to Boston & Chicago downloaded onto Flickr.

You can check them out from the link on my sidebar or use this link - Micks Photos
Be warned there is a lot but you can watch them as a slide show if you wish.

Tell me which one's if any you like ?

While I'm on the subject of my vacation I saw this lady Rock singer performing on the stage in the Beer garden on the Navy Pier in Chicago :-


They call her Jen Porter and I watched for a couple of hours, I reckoned she was good did a few cover versions of songs I like plus some of her own compositions.

At the end of her set she was giving out her cards so I e'mailed her telling her I enjoyed the show and attatching a couple of photos I took. She actually e'mailed back thanking me for sending the photo's.

You can check her out at http://www.jenporter.com/ or watch this Video (let me know what you think) :-



Changing subject the rain stopped this morning but so I was able to go for a long walk, I needed the exercise. However I've just had lunch and we've had a torrential downpour, the UK is a mess with flooding all over the place. Its ok where I live although fields are flooded but the town is unscathed.

This afternoon I'm now gonna watch the Golf while keeping my eye on the German Grand Prix, our boy Lewis Hamilton is struggling at the half way point after having a 175mph crash due a wheel problem in qualifying yesterday. He leads the World Championship and will do fantastic if he can finish in the top 8 and get some points today, he's already had a puncture and come off twice due to a waterlogged track and been on the wrong tires.

Spaniard Sergio Garcia leads the Open Golf and as a 3 shot lead over American Steve Stricker who started the day 3 shots ahead of the players equal 3rd which included leading Englishman Paul Broadhurst and South African Ernie Els. Els however has birded the first two and now is only 4 shots off the lead. Tiger Woods was 8 shots behind the leader at the last check and there ae a lot of good players in front of him so he sort of needs a miracle.

Finally I've posted this photo just to remind me I've an appointment at the dentist in the morning.

I'll be back later to check out other blogs.

9 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Very good photo. One of my first reactions was to feel sad for the woman. I wanted to be able to provide her with implants (teeth). Then I looked again at her joyful smile. That said, you've reminded me that I too need to make a dental appointment.

airliebird58 said...

I'm glad to hear you haven't been effected by the rain too much.
Not long now and the footie season starts. Are things finally sorted at LUFC? I keep hearing different things.

Meow Meow said...

Colgate made me LAUGH!!!!

I hope you don't come out looking like that after your appointment!

Enjoyed the pic. I think the money I spend on treating myself, you spend on traveling... Ahhh, the luxuries we like to afford ourselves in this here thing called life!

celtic_girl said...

Liked the clip on Jen Porter, she has a good "throaty" sound to her voice.

The photo made me laugh, I think it's a bit late for the colgate

celtic_girl said...

By the way, how much leave do you get in England? We get 4 weeks oer year here.

Anonymous said...

hey Mick,

great loss, see, back on the bike and down they go!

your pics are great, glad to see so many of your trip memories.

thanks for your comment especially about my exercise, after all my hype i didn't do it this morning, the youngest boy woke up when i did and wanted cuddles, who can resist!

will try again tmw.... i'm going to aim for evenings if i can't make the morning.

take care
x

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
She does have a smile doesn't she.

Airlie,
I've a good feeling about the coming season, get all the crap sorted with the FL (I'm convinced they are been vindictive) and we will turn the corner. MOT.

Rebbeca,
And good for you, you earn the money so you spend it on what makes you feel good.

Celtic,
I was impressed with Jen Porter she certainly had some talent.
re holidays - It depends where you work in the UK some company's are 4 weeks otherslike mine 5. However I also get an extra 5 long service days (6 weeks total).
On top of that I work extra hours at bank holidays and weekends if I require any other days, hence I can get 4 vacations per year.

San,
I'm pleased you enjoyed the pics the St Louis & SF file are not completely downloaded yet on Flickr but I'll get there.

Keep that exercise going.

Jenny said...

Can you believe how the British open ended!? Man, Sergio really blew it!

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
It was great television Sergio blew it, but didn't the all, the argentinian lad could have won, Harrington threw it away on the 18th and ended up winning unbelievable.
1999 was the last time it was on that course and that was when Frenchman John Van de Velde had it won until a 7 on the 18th, thats the one he took his shoes and socks off to play out of the stream. Paul Lawrie finished with two 3's to force a play off and win.
They should play it on that course every time.