Saturday, July 28, 2007

I need a Good Womens Touch

Yes I admit it "I need a good womens touch", why ? to dress me. Us blokes have an awful sense of what matches and looks good believe me.

Now I ask myself where can I find some good women and obviously the first place that comes to mind is my blog.

Next Friday we are having a blokes night out in York, the dress isn't formal it will be casual but smart. Now I'm asking my lady (sorry Spidey) blog friends what should I wear ?

Whatever you come up with from the choices I give I will wear, remember I like you all and I trust you.

Starting with Shirts and I've posted some photo's to help so counting from the top.

1(a) - Light Brown small checked, buttoned collar, short sleeve.
1(b) - Black Striped, short sleeve.
1(c) - White large checked, short sleeve.
2(a) - Navy Blue checked, buttoned collar, short sleeve.
2(b) - Very Light Brown, striped, short sleeve.
2(c) - White Small Checked, Buttoned collar, short sleeve.
3(a) - Grey pin striped, long sleeve.
3(b) - Light Blue, white small checked, buttoned collar, short sleeve.
3(c) - Dark Blue small checked, buttoned collar, long sleeve.
4(a) - Light Blown large checked, buttoned collar, long sleeve.
4(b) - Maroon small checked, buttoned collar, long sleeve.
4(c) - Blue/Yellow, buttoned collar, short sleeve.
5(a) - Blue small check, buttoned collar, short sleeve.
5(b) - very light blue large checked, short sleeve.
5(c) - Brown Checks, short sleeve.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
So once your happy with your shirt choice (collar will be open I don't do ties) we go on to to what to wear with them.
I said its casual so :-
1. Blue Jeans,
2. Black Jeans,
3. White Jeans,
4. Light Grey casual "chinos"

Shoes simple Black or Brown (I've some real nice trendy trainers but you require shoes for Clubs on Fridays.

Belt again Black or Brown.

Final question - should I wear my shirt tucked in or hanging loose ?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

1(c) & blue jeans, hanging loose! but don't forget the belt.

you'll look fabulous.

thanks for your comments Mick, it's so uplifting to read your support and i'm grateful for it
x

Anonymous said...

shoes should match belt, either colour would be fine
x

airliebird58 said...

I'd go for 3b with blue jeans or the chinos,depending on the weather. Go for the black shoes and belt.
I should get my sis to have a look, she's very good at this sort of thing lol.
I usually have something picked out then change it at the last minute, just wear something that seems right at the time :)

Moby Dick said...

Tan shirt, tan pants (go buy them) and brown shoes. I keep it simple by matching all the colors and even if it looks bad at least the colors match. (non-solicited advise)

Moby Dick said...

forgot the belt, but it should be brown; though black matches with anything and if anyone is staring at your belt then maybe they already like you a lot.

Rachel said...

Well, now, I would think a good woman's touch would UNdress you...loved Spidey's comment about the belt by the way, it made me laugh out loud. You probably should not let Spidey and me post at the same time (ha ha).

No tan pants - yuck. Go with blue jeans. Keep the shirt hanging loose. Now, me? I liked 1b but 3b would work as well.

Mick & Cathy said...

San,
"I'll look fabulous" now that comment I like, thanks.

Airliebird,
You have to ask your sister for fasion advice, you're a 58 child we've seen it all.

Spidey,
Thanks I'll give it my upmost cosideration, lol.

Rach,
And all I need now is a good women.

Well at present it looks like 3b hanging loose with Blue Jeans, black shoes and belt. However I'll leave the final decision until later in the week to see if I get any more opinions.
Thanks for your input.

Unknown said...

HEy MIck, I think its interesting but I picked 3B too. I think jeans, and I like the shirt loose.

Mick & Cathy said...

Tex,
Its seriously looking like 3b.

Jenny said...

I like the vertical striped shirts, like 1b. I think blue jeans are a good casual choice and I would go untucked. I think short sleeve shirts just look better than way. For shoes, since the shirt is black, go with black shoes and a black belt.