Thursday, July 12, 2007

Busy Week Ahead

I have quite a busy schedule planned over the next week, following last nights post I'm following up my determination to turn back the clock where my competitive Table Tennis is concerned and I have organised training sessions for myself Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday.
While on the subject last nights Session went really well we did 45 minutes with me retrieving my partners attacks (2 wide forhand & 1 wide backhand). I was defending away from the table so had a bit of court to cover which will aid the weight loss I hope. Following a short rest we played about another 45minutes match play and we both were quite tired.

Tomorrow night soccer pre-season friendlies have started and Leeds are playing at York City so four of us are off to watch the match. At moment the mighty whites are in a bit of turmoil they have just come out of administration and the Football League Committee are playing silly buggers not saying whether they will be allowed to compete and banning us from signing new players. The season starts for proper on 11th August and they will eventually back down but its just typical how our club is treated, they are just trying to destroy us.

Monday Night I'll be playing Pool in the local league and to be honest I was on a bad run prior to my holiday so I hope for significant improvement, I just need the run of the balls which I haven't been getting.

Tuesday I've been invited to another leaving do for one of the production managers from work, its a company organised event with only about 10 people going for a meal at a Country Pub called "The Ryther Arms". The place is famous for its Steaks all sorts of sizes so the diet may take a beating. Its a "paid for" night with a Taxi to pick us up and bring us home with free food and drink .

Well that leaves Saturday, better have a quiet day maybe do some exercise and catch up on a few outstanding jobs.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I"m telling ya - ya gotta do South Beach! Steak would not ruin th diet! Ale would, though. You'd have to switch to wine.

Sorry, I saw the word steak in your post and you know I love steak...now, I'm drooling. Better go......

airliebird58 said...

Sometimes you have to hit the deck to bounce up Mick, and Leeds United will do it! You know they will, I know they will. That's why its p*sses everyone off, and they try to be as awkward as possible.
Marching on together!!

Meow Meow said...

I hope you enjoy the match and the night out.

I mean after all the company is paying for it. Enjoy yourself, but be good to yourself the day before and they day after.

Jenny said...

I just love going out for steak and you know, it ireally isn't that bad for you. A lot of time it is the sauces and the potatoes and such that are the real diet killers.

Hey, you said soccer...I thought it was called football over there??

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
Swap Beer for Wine that won't happen.
Yeh I'm a sucker for a big steak also, I love meat don't think I'll ever be a vegetarian.

Airliebird,
Yes MOT my friend.

Rebecca,
Report coming from the match later.
Freebie nights out are always good.

Jenny,
Actually we have always used "Soccer" although "Football" is the real name "Soccer" is sort of a slang word for the game.
I see Mr Beckham as arrived is the US he will certainly get the game some publicity for the game.