Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Last Night

Last night a few people from work went out for a Meal paid for by the company I work for. It was a goodbye gesture for two managers who are leaving this week due to redundancies.
The two managers were Sandy (Production Manager) and Andrew (Shipping), I reckon they both really enjoyed it.
Others that came along were Andrew (Plant Manager), Andrew (Safety Officer), Keith (Mechanical), Diane (HR), Tracy (Sales), Paul (Shipping), Dave (Sales) plus myself of course.
Taxi's were laid on as the Pub "Ryther Arms" we went to is about 8 or 9 mile away from town in a very small village.
I was in a Taxi with Sandy & Diane as we live close and we had a bit of a detour to pick up Andrew (Safety). Anyway we arrived first at about 7pm so ordered a few drinks and put it on the tab. The others arrived shortley after and we were given menu's to choose from.
Now let me tell you this place is famous for its Steaks and is very popular. We decided to go for starters can't tell you what everyone else went for but the choice was good. I decided on Potato Skins which were stuffed with Cheese and Baccon, they were delicious.
Main course for me it had to be steak given this places reputation although they were other choices. Now let me tell you there is a steak on the menu for everyone, Sirloin, T-Bone, Fillet, Rump plus various combinations with other meats and fish. The smallest Steak is a 6oz but I opted for the 14oz T-Bone, now this was big enough but was only about average for this place. Believe it or not they have various sizes up to 78oz, crikey that is some piece of meat, I thought about ordering just to see what it looked like.
The Steak came with side dishes of Roast and Boiled Potatoes, various veg and Onion rings. You coud have some delightfull sauces if required.
To be honest when I finished I was quite bloated but Beer and Red wine flowed all night until the Taxi's picked us up just before midnight.
We had a good laugh talking about the old days and things that have happend on site, a couple of our group took photo's so I'll maybe post a couple when I see them (following censorship of course).
I think there were a few sore heads at work this morning and I'm pleased it wasn't me footing the bill.

I've just found the Pubs website check out this link and the menu, some good Steaks here - Rythre Arms

I think the weight loss may have suffered a touch but I'm training tonight and tomorrow so hopfully I'll show a slight loss at my Friday weigh in.

Just for a bit of fun I've added a voting attachment on my side bar, obviously todays choice is based on Food so vote and we'll see what is the most popular.

11 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

A 78 oz. steak??? That's over 5 friggin pounds - unless they count pounds differently there in the UK. I'd have ordered it a doggy bagged 90% for future meals. Taxis sound like a very good idea. It sounds like a fun good time.

Meow Meow said...

Well it sounds as if you were fed rather well. I can;t say I blame you for grabbing a few cocktails before dinner, afet all they were paying for it! Just think of all of your hard work and labor over these years.

I look forward to seeing the pics.

Have fun this evening as you burn that steak off. = P

airliebird58 said...

sounds lovely, its been a while since I've been out for a meal and had steak. We always seem to have foreign food. I love a steak with some French mustard. Yum :)

Anonymous said...

hey Mick

firstly let me say don't worry about the weight/numbers that's not who you are!

Slow and steady and it will all come off again and then some.

Your night out sounds great and the food is making me hungry! Time for toast with Nutella I think. I love potato skins. I'm thinking we need a meal out with steak and skins...

It's hubby's b'day on Sat so the perfect excuse, mmm, i'm planning!

You take care and i'll be reading
xx

Rachel said...

And we all know what I voted for! Steak! Woo hoo!!

It does sound like you had fun. I hope you can post a few photos (hint, hint). If my download cable would just arrive, I have some photos to put up as well. (sigh)

celtic_girl said...

Wow!I say that to my hubby " WOWThat's some piece of meat"!" ROFL

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time. I voted for the steack too. yummm! Wish I had one right now, We eat a lot of steak here in texas. Nice that you didnt have to pay for all that fun :)

Moby Dick said...

I like steak, but if the boss were paying for it I would go for the most expensive fish or the 78 ounce steak. Unless it was near the time for a pay raise. In that case I would eat a salad.

Mick & Cathy said...

Not many vegetarians among us I sense.

Jenny said...

78 oz is just insane. I think anything over 16 oz is too much! But then again, I am huge potato and yorkshire pud fan, so you have to leave some room for those!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
If you check out the Pubs website there is actually a photo of the monster.