Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back Home

Well I'm now back home all my flights train journeys etc went to plan but it still took over 20 hours from hotel to home so I'm a little knackered to say the least. I've just checked a few e'mails and had a quick glance around a few blogs but I'll catch up later in the week.

I've enjoyed both Boston and Chicago and I'm sure there is every chance I'll return someday, we'll see.

One little story on the trip home I was lucky to get two seats near the emergency exit (more leg room) to myself on the Boston to Manchester flight and sat across from me were aa asian man and women also near the other emergency exit.

Now these two where a little full of themselves from the impression I got straight away don't know why just a gut feeling. Anyway I first noticed when the meals came around they got served first because they had ordered the vegetarian meal. Nothing wrong with that but they opened it, picked it over and decided they didn't like it.

I had chosen the Chicken and Rice which I thought quite tasty so they then asked for that, again opened it up had a nibble and sent it back (must have been vegetarian chicken). The other choice was Beef, Potato and vegetable which I had on the outward flight, again it was nice as far as aircraft meals go but again same procedure eventually sending back.

I thought a bit pathetic as the choice covered quite a range but its them that are going hungry not me. Anyway they where a bit bossy with the attendants all flight which came to a head when we where coming in to land, first the bloke wouldn't fasten his seatbelt and got ticked off by the attendant. He then wanted to store his carry on bag under his seat, now part of the rules in agreeing to an emergency exit seat is you can't store bags on the floor for obvious reasons. Eventually the Attendant virtually made him put his bag on the rack.

Anyway after we landed the two of them decided they wanted to be first off the plane and barged their way to the front again I just thought some people have no manners.

Anyway when I got to security they were a few places in front of me in the line and when they got to the front I just cracked up when they turned out to be not British Passport holders and were in the wrong line. They had to go to the back of the overseas visitors line which of course had filled with everyone else from our flight by this time. Justice some may say.


Finally is anyone else having problems with Blogger "I can't put a title to my last two posts ?"

Extra - I cured the title problem by clicking on the word "Title" instead of in the Box.

3 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Welcome back Mick. Hope you had a great time. I should be winging my way off on Friday but its a bit up in the air at the mo as my hubbys Dad has collapsed and is in intensive care (happened last night)
Just thought I'd let you know in case I'm not on line much in the next few days.

Meow Meow said...

Glad you are home safely!
Also, glad that you were able a bit more comfort room on the last flight. Sorry the food wasn't up to par.

I'll look for more of your comments..as you have been missed while on your journey!

Which city did you prefer?????

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
Thats horrible I hope your Father-in-law makes a swift recovery.

Rebecca,
Yes home safely with no major incidents to report.
I thought the food was ok it was the Asian couple that were not impressed.

Both Cities were good and wouldn't hesitate to visit either again. Its difficult to compare because Boston was about visiting everywhere possible and finding my way around and the best spots. I'm sure I've yet to find a few hidden gems if I do get chance to return. Chicago was my 6th visit so I've done and seen most touristy things so I'm looking for a bit of fun and good nightlife. I will say the place is really growing, loads of new buildings going up and many new restaurants etc.