Sunday, July 29, 2007

Waiting for Number 3.

Well they say things happen in 3's don't they. To explain I've had two items breakdown on me this week, first during the week my hi-fi system stopped reading CD's so I just can't play anything on it. To be honest its been a bit erratic for a while and is quite old so perhaps its time to spend some money on a new one.

2nd thing to fail was on Friday when my top of the range digital scales that are only about 6 months old decided to knock about 15lb off my weight. No I haven't lost it because everytime I get on it shows something totally different, nothing actually close to my actual weight. Bad news here is I can't find my receipt and the shop won't exchange them without proof of purchase. I'm not buying any more yet (better things to do with my money) so my weigh in will be done at work on the packaging plant scales each Friday.
Now for obvious reasons (people laughing at me and I'm sensitive) I'm reluctant to strip off on the scale in public so I'll have to do a calculation and take off the estimated weight of my clothes each week. Does anyone know what clothes weigh (shirt, jeans, steel toe-capped boots, etc) ?

I must admit I've not been over good with the eating so don't know really where I am. To be honest the last few days I've been feeling really hungry and late at night I've succombed to a cheese sandwich before bed the last three days. Now in my weight loss plan I try to avoid eating late at night (tonight I feel ok and won't eat some am maybe back into my routine).
Another thing this week is despite not doing anything out of the ordinary I've been feeling really tired, I'm not the best sleeper in the world and usually wake a few times during the night, however last night I slept right through and didn't wake while 9am. Believe me that is late, I'm never that late getting up, 8am tops.

Today I've been training in preparation for the Table Tennis season and I'm quite pleased with the way its going. I've entered a Summer Veterans Tournament at Halifax for the weekend 10/11th August. The main season starts in September but this event usually attracts some top players from all over the country so well see how I go.

This week we don't have a Pool match but I'll have a wander to the Pub tomorrow for a few practice games. Tuesday half a dozen of us are hoping to play a round of Golf after work, with the weather we've had I haven't played much so I'm really looking forward to it.

Only got one TT practice organised and that Thursday but lets not forget Friday is our York night out, don't know who is going except Me and Skid as a lot of the regular gang are on holiday or working, we've put the word out so a few more will probably show if they can get pass outs, a problem us single lads don't have.

I'm also waiting for my new credit cards to arrive, my bank is changing me from visa to two cards, one Mastercard and one American Express. The advantage of the new cards is I get Airmiles when I spend on them.
In fact I've delayed booking my next vacation, couldn't see the point of doing it with the old card when I can get rewards using the new cards.

9 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Its about time they reward you for all of your traveling.

What is the most frustrating aspect of travel for you here in the states?

The weight loss will come, you just need to find a young lady you can chase... = )

Rachel said...

jeans weigh the heaviest, by the way. anywho, weight watchers always told us to deduct 3 pounds if we were wearing jeans; 4 if we had on heavy, clunky shoes.

so, is rebecca hinting you need to go to columbus and chase her?!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
Yes it will be nice to get some rewards for what I spend.

Most frustrating part about travel is probably waiting around in airports especially if your flight is delayed.

As long as the young lady is slow then I can maybe catch her, lol.

Rach,
The boots are steel toecapped so very heavy so I'll come up with a number this week and go from there.

Don't be silly I would not in my wildest dreams think an attractive young lady like Rebecca would want an old duffer like me to chase her.
Where did you say Columbus is ?

Jenny said...

Oh I am addicted to reward miles!! I have already racked up a couple flights that I have used!

As for that scale, I say, if it is always measuring lower, I would just stick with it! :-)

Rachel said...

So cute, Mick!! Columbus is in Georgia. If you go to Auburn, Alabama and turn left - you'll hit Columbus! Me? I would NEVER go to Auburn but I would visit Rebecca any day. She's KEWL!

Rachel said...

p.s. can you take your shoes off and weigh them? then you wouldn't have to take them off anymore after that time. and if anyone laughs, use the ole American standard BITE ME!

Anonymous said...

i don't have frequent flyers or anything, i never really travel enough to be honest...

having said that we've just got new accounts with our new mortgage so may be able to get something going.

we want to go to Europe next year, save save save is what we need to do now!

now, as for weighing your clothes, jeans are really heavy when i had to weigh in with them on i weighed them at home on my scales, over a kilo for jenas and shirt and belt so throw boots on and that's at least 3 kgs.

x

Anonymous said...

i don't have frequent flyers or anything, i never really travel enough to be honest...

having said that we've just got new accounts with our new mortgage so may be able to get something going.

we want to go to Europe next year, save save save is what we need to do now!

now, as for weighing your clothes, jeans are really heavy when i had to weigh in with them on i weighed them at home on my scales, over a kilo for jenas and shirt and belt so throw boots on and that's at least 3 kgs.

xx

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
The good thing about my new Credit Cards when they eventually come is I'll get airmiles on whatever I spend not only travel.

Rach,
Your right Rebecca is a cool lady and I've checked on the map where Columbus is, not far from Birmingham or even Atlanta cos I've been looking at them places as well.

San,
Visiting Europe now if you come to England forget London its the rip off capital, you must visit York fantastic tourist City, not big but has a unbelievable history, capital of nothern England.
Of course You and hubby will meet up with me and we'll find some of the local nightlife.