Monday, July 30, 2007

Music Monday - The "J's"

Well its the turn of the letter "J" and I've a great range of choice ranging from Tom Jones to Jethro Tull, Michael Jackson to Jilted John, Judas Priest toElton John, The Jam etc and I'm sure you'll come up with many more, I've even left out one of my favorite groups "The Jam".

Anyway here is the three I've chosen :-

1. Terry Jacks "Seasons in the Sun"- Here is one to remember from the seventies and it reached No4 in 74. Now can anyone think of any other Terry Jacks chart hits because I can't.


2. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts "I Love Rock n Roll" - This 1982 classic reached No4 in the UK chart.


3. Billy Joel "Piano Man" - I'm not a massive Billy fan but I do like this song.

8 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Well it's a bit of a toss up...As I met Joan Jett on my 18th birthday at a club she played at in New Orleans. I do LOVE rock and Roll.

However, Piano Man, reminds me of a dear friend that I lost 2 yrs ago. He played Piano at Pat O'Briens in the French Quarter. He was my own PERSONAL piano man...He did the best Louis Armstrong you ever heard for a white boy.

I managed to see Elton John and Billy Joel together here in Atlanta a few yrs back. It was an AWESOME show!!!!!

airliebird58 said...

I'll go for Piano Man too as I'm a bit of a fan of Billy Joel going back to the 70's.
Seasons in the sun by Terry Jacks has to be my least favourite song of all time! It is so morbid and miserable!

Jenny said...

I love Joan Jett! Of course, I am also a Jewel fan, so there is no accounting for my taste!

Unknown said...

joan jett, I love that rock and roll song. Reminds me of much better days!

Rachel said...

OH MY GAWD I HATE SEASONS IN THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

celtic_girl said...

I'm with Rachel, I hate Seasons in the Sun, will hjave to pick Piano Man - Billy Joel.

Anonymous said...

doesn't get better than Billy and Piano Man, especially live!
x

Mick & Cathy said...

I just knew nobody would like Terry Jacks but who on earth bought that record to put it on top spot in the charts.

Rebecca,
I knew about Elton but didn't think Billy was that way inclined, fancy them two been together lol.