Monday, July 23, 2007

Music Monday - The "I's"

Well I thought this was gonna be one of the tough letters to come up with three acts, anyway I've gone for these three :-

1. Iron Maiden "Be Quick or be dead" - I thought its about time I slipped in some heavy metal so I've gone for this No2 hit from back in 1992.


2. Iggy Pop "Real Wild Child" - I really love this song I remember it been used in the "Crocodile Dundee 2" film, wasn't it also used in "Pretty Woman" ?


3. Billy Idol "Rebel Yell" - Another one I love only made No64 on its release in 1984 but 16 months later was rereleased and made No6.




I suppose I could have gone for Julio Ingleises or Frank Ifield ?

6 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Well Sir Mick

It's a toss up between Billy and his Yell...and Iron MAiden. I have always like Bruce Dickenson---thought he was handsome..

But I have actually seen Billy a few times live. In the 80's he was such the wild child..."Eyes without a Face" was my fav tune by him or White Wedding as a close second.

Jenny said...

I am definitely a fan of the Iggy pop song--you are right, it was in Pretty Woman.

Rachel said...

Well, hmmm...it's not an "I" name but I say you could have always gone with Toby, or Big N Rich, or Sugarland, or..oh, wait, you're not doing country.

Ooops:)

airliebird58 said...

I think I'll go for Billy Idol. My fave track of his is 'Dancin' with myself' When he 1st came on the scene with Generation X, I always thought he was too pretty to be a Punk!
Iggy Pop is also fab, if we ever saw him on TV the hub and I used to take bets on how long he'd keep his shirt on. Now he doesn't bother! I don't know if you remember him wearing some plastic see-through jeans on 'The Tube' (I think) music show? There was uproar! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Mick , I like your new pic on the cycle.

Mick & Cathy said...

Rebecca,
I've never really been into the heavy metal scene so I'm not a Iron Maiden fan. However I'm jealous you've seen Billy in concert I'd love to see him live.

Jenny,
Its a good song gets us wild children singing.

Rachel,
I've not reached "K" yet and I've not heard of the other two.

Airliebird,
I love King Rocker by Generation X, Billy always had a talent.
I remember the "Tube" it used to be a good show but can't remember the Iggy Pop incident.

Tex,
Hi glad you liked the pic.