Friday, July 20, 2007

Weight Loss and other things

I'll start with weight loss as I've managed to lose 1.5lb since last Friday, I now weigh 216.5lb and I'm pleased with the result because I wasn't sure how Wednesday's night out would effect me. Ok I'm not down to my pre-vacation weight but its a move in the right direction.

I'm sure the Table Tennis training session's I've done this week have helped a lot my training shirt certainly was soaked in sweat at the end of them. Last night I did an hours practice routines trying to mimic the players in the rally I show below before playing five sets with a short break in between. At the end of it we had both had enough and were completely shattered.
For the record I'm a defender similar style (not as good obviously) to the player nearest while my partner Richard is an attacker like the other player. One hour of this play is tiring believe me.


Leeds United are in Germany on a pre-season tour to get the players fit, they played Berlin and lost 2-0 but apparently played well. The Leeds fans were at their crazy best creating a carnival atmosphere, over 1,000 have travelled to Germany and decided to dance "the conga" around the terraces.
Saturday they are supposed to play Dresden but for reasons yet unknown the German police have cancelled the match, I will add Dresden are known for having a large violent neo nazi support so I suspect they are afraid of trouble if a large number of Leeds fans turn up. Leeds have rearranged and will play a team from the Czech Republic which is only one hour over the border.

I'm starting to think about my next vacation and have started looking up Flight and Hotel prices, I aim to travel in September and will confirm the Cities once I book although I've a good idea where I want to go. To be honest I'm sort of delaying booking because my bank is changing my credit card this month which is currently a "Visa" to a new two cards "American Express" & "Mastercard". The new cards earn me airmiles when I use them so if I'm spending a lot of money its worth getting the benefits for future trips.

This weekend I've not a lot planned I'll probably watch a bit of the British Open Golf, do some shopping and get some exercise. The weather here is awful its raining buckets as I write this and its cold enough to be a winter day, I hope it brightens up a bit this must be the worst July on record.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Gay Boy always used his American Express for airline tickets. By the time I went to work for him, he had so many frequent flyer miles, he could fly anywhere, anytime at no cost. It was pretty neat.

Are ya sure you don't want to go back to Memphis?!

Moby Dick said...

Ping Pong is fun. I used to live a block away from a public park that had a community center with ping pong and billiard tables,etc. I don't know where there would be one of those around where I live now, I will check!

Meow Meow said...

I saw the CNN news and they said how much rain England had received in the last few days. Apparently, it's a record of some sort.

I hope it drys up so that you can run around in the streets soo enough. You may have ladies waiting at phone booths awaiting your rescue from the storm.

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
If you are gonna spend money it makes sense to cash in on any benefits you can get with your card.
I've never said I'd not go back to Memphis (or many of the places I've visited previously). I loved the live music scene down Beale Street.

Spidey,
Check it out.

Rebecca,
We have had weeks of rain (we usually have a drought and hose pipe bans at this time of year) and everywhere is saturated, I can't remember the last day we didn't get rainfall at some stage. Its rained during the night but actually the sun is shinning at present so maybe I should go check them phone booths.