Thursday, July 26, 2007

Leeds Utd Football Club 1919 to ?

I make no apologises that I'm once again dedicating my post to my Football team Leeds United but what is happening is so important to me and its my blog. I know to some people its only a game but take away my club and you take away part of me, many fans will tell you the same.
What is happening is scandelous ok we have a Chairman that has rubbed s**t in the face of the authorities but still not broken any laws. Ok he found a loop hole in the regulations that he exploited, but what the soccer authorities are doing is nothing short of discraceful.
Whatever the rights and wrongs a Club doesn't belong to a Chairman, a consortium, the players, it belongs to the fans and the city the people will be there for a lifetime.
The league is supposed to start in just over two weeks (11th August) and we haven't even got a goalkeeper they won't let us sign new players, they are delibrately putting us at a disadvantage to other clubs, they are trying to destroy us. Saying that I'm not surprised the authorities have never been over kind to us.
On my last Post Rebecca rightly pointed out that fans of other Clubs in other sports (she used her team the New Orleans Saints as a example with what they did for the City following Katrina)have similar passions, yes and them true fans will totally understand what this means to us.
As most of the readers no I'm not alone as a Leeds fan within my blogging community, check out Airliebirds post which shows some of the Flowers, shirts, flags, etc laid at the feet of Billy's statue in support of our club - Airliebird Leeds Post
I also thank those of you who commented on my last post and wishing my team well, it is really appreciated, Basically when it comes to my Football team you are either with me or against me.

So my message to the Football League get off your high horse get your meeting called and get this mess sorted and give us our Golden Share asap.

3 comments:

airliebird58 said...

I have supported Leeds United since I was 13. They are my football team, and part of my life. What is happening is nothing short of a disgrace. I was wondering if there is a legal way to challenge the Football League, because surely what they are doing is a restraint of trade at the very least!
Remember Mick I thought my Rugby club Hull FC had had it back in 1999, there looked no way back. But look where we are now, in the last 2 yrs Challenge Cup winners and Grand Finalists.
With a bit of luck and with our great fans we'll be back to bite all of them in the arse!

Jenny said...

That really is crazy that instead of making a firm decision that they just seem to be screwing with the team to torture them. That is just not fair and I hope they get their heads out of their arses and get it straightened out for you!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
I'm the ever optimist and am confident we'll rise again, can't remember when I was first taken to a Leeds match but I was very young probably still in the cot.

Jenny,
It is crazy you just can't believe the comedy of errors that is going on. A lot of people including many in the media seem to hate our club and a lot of knifes are been stuck in at present. Its something we've known for years but it will eventually create a siege mentality within our club and that will make us stronger.
The Crazy thing is nobody yet as told us what laws/rules we have broken.