Friday, January 05, 2007

Whats Happening

Last night about 12 of us from work went out for another leaving do for my mate Lofty, just went for a drink in a few Pubs around town. He starts his new job on Monday. Hopfully I've not damaged the diet plans.

Tomorrow its FA Cup 3rd round, this is the stage where teams from the top two divisions join in with the smaller clubs that are left. Its a real big competition in England we won it in 1972, its not seeded so luck of the draw is so important. Leeds have been drawn away at West Bromwich Albion (from Birmingham) who are in the same division but a lot higher than us. We have just signed some new players, we won on New Years day so there is a case for been optimistic. All our ticket allocation (2,000) as been sold and they are making some more available for Leeds fans on the day, they will make some noise believe me. I'll be actually listening on the Radio.

Sunday I'm playing British League Table Tennis, we are at Halton Auto Quest Stadium (Widnes Rugby Ground) and have two matches against "Elgre Nottingham" and Lancashire Outfit "Formby TTC". If we can achieve two victories we will still be in the Championship hunt.

Monday Me and Lofty are playing Pool in the local league. We have changed Pub and playing for a new team. I don't know any of the other players so should be making some new friends. I'm looking forward to it.

We are sort of expecting some annoncements at work next week but we'll have to wait and see what the future holds.

7 comments:

Meow Meow said...

I hope the announcements at work will be good ones.

I appreciate the offer to help.

I know you are looking forward to your games this weekend. I hope it all works out the way you would like for it too!

Where ya ben by the way???

Mick & Cathy said...

Blogged early Wednesday then went to a Table Tennis Training session in preparation for Sunday.
Last night got home from work at 4pm grabbed a bite to eat, got showered and changed and was out to meet Lofty at 5pm. Didn't get in while late so just had no time to blog.

Rachel said...

What type of announcements? Not what we call "the pink slip" meaning you're fired or laid off? I hope not.

Mick, you are quite the social butterfly. Much more than I! (Hey, that rhymes!)

I have a sirloin wrapped around mozarella cheese to have for dinner tonight...mmmmmmmmmmm. I LOVE South Beach.

sandii said...

hey just discovered your blog. i like it.

your previous post re the music, it has to be Slade, oh he was a hotty! that would have to be one of my favourite songs.

go Liverpool!

Cheers

Mick & Cathy said...

Rachel,
The announcements could be good or bad but the quicker we find out what is happening the better.

Your meal sounds awesome, the sort of food I would love.

Sandii,
Thanks for dropping by.
I was always a Slade fan in my early teens and have most of their records. I did an article on my blog about them a while ago you can find it under the "Music" label.

Liverpool I reckon they have tie of the round today against Arsenal, I'll be watching it on Tellivision after listening to the Leeds match.

Jenny said...

I hope those announcements at work mean promotions and more money!

The games coming up sound pretty cool!

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
I'm afraid the Soccer has started the weekends games badly, Leeds lost 3-1. And sorry Sandii Liverpool lost by the same score.

I'm looking forward to tomorrows Table Tennis, big matches and my first real competitive games since before my vacation.