Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wednesday Weigh In - The 2007 Plan

2007 Start Weight - 219lbs

Todays Actual Weight - 219lbs

Todays Target Weight - 219lbs

Loss/Gain to Weekly Target - 0lbs

Ok 0.5lb up from last week but it has been New Year Celebration time.

Now here is my weight loss plan for 2007, I've decided to look at the overall picture rather than on a weekly basis. This doesn't mean I won't be monitering on a weekly basis but I will be judging how I'm doing against the overall plan rather than having weekly ups and downs. This hopfully work with my competitive nature, I'll try stay below the weekly target weight (get well ahead I can have a reward week).

My theory is during my normal weeks I should be able to maintain a loss of 1lb per week (next weeks target is 218lb). I also plan to have 8 weeks vacation this year (2week*4times) and I expect to put on about 5lb on each of these fortnights.
So looking at this in real terms in the 44 normal weeks I will expect to lose 44lbs, however I will put on 20lb (4*5lb) during the 8 vacation weeks.

If you are now with me I will be taking 1lb per week off on my 2007 plan weight each week upto a vacation then adding 5lb for the first weigh in following my return. I will be trying to keep pace or do better than these targets.

Simple maths - by this time next year there should be at least 24lb less of me(year target 197lb) . Not a lot but taking it slow and been realistic should help me keep it off in the long term.

13 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Sounds like your on the ball with the planning part. Planning is my downfall and I need to work on it. Good luck with your goals and gee whiz I wish I could have 4 x2week holidays - I'm jealous! lol

Jenny said...

I think that sounds like a realistic plan and definitely one that offers you the flexibility to be human and have fun as well as lose some weight!

Meow Meow said...

I have always read and heard that you should not weigh in weekly. They say at most twice a month, as to not get discouraged.

I just gave up all together weighing... I figure I'll be FLUFFY the rest of my life.

But good luck all the same~ cheers.

Rachel said...

I think if you are wanting to lose weight, a weekly weigh-in is a good idea. The key is to not get discouraged on the weeks you've stuck with your plan and yet gained a little. Alot of times that's just water weight and in a couple of weeks, you'll see a big loss.

If I don't weigh at least once a week, I die of shock when I do weigh-in cuz I will have gained. I can LOOK at food and gain..sigh.

Suzy said...

Slow and steady does work. I also think you are sensible to make allowances for your holidays.

RedNeckGirl said...

Great planning and an obtainable goal for the year! I'm starting back to Weight Watchers tomorrow. I know I'll be up but I'm going and that's the important thing! Hugs and best of luck with next week's weigh in!

Mick & Cathy said...

Its amazing how many of us bloggers are trying to lose weight.

I've tried to keep my targets within attainable limits which should help me keep interested. If I set the targets too high and I started to fall behind I would probably lose interest.

Moby Dick said...

Sounds like you have a plan! At 219 you are really close to cracking the 200 pound barrier and I hope you really work hard and do it! I am much further off, at 269.

Mick & Cathy said...

Spider,
Its a good point about the 200lb barrier, I am quite determined to pass that point this year.
I do tend to look at target for motivation.

Modigliani said...

I think 1 pound per week is a realistic goal. You can do it!

Best of luck!

Mick & Cathy said...

Keeping it realistic should allow for a social life as well. I'll try get ahead of plan so I can have the occasional reward week.
Allowing an increase for vacations is something I learned from last year.

TitanThirteen said...

I'm with you! Weighing in all the time is a pain.If you gain [even if it's muscle] it's discouraging. I weigh in every two weeks. But i'm thinking even that it too often.
Just aim at getting healthy in the long run. If we are living a healthy lifestyle, we are thinish aren't we?
But you know you are sexy now right?!?

Mick & Cathy said...

I keep trying to be sexy, one day I might get there.