Saturday, January 13, 2007

Today I will have a moan.

Moan 1 -
It is now Saturday 3pm and I should be glued to the radio listening to Leeds United beat league leaders Birmingham City (their actually one of the few teams we have beaten this year). But no the match was called off two days ago, why you may ask.
Well basically Birmingham City decided to resurface their pitch last Monday and because the workmen wouldn't go out in the rain it isn't finished.
Again its our supporters that suffer who have already paid for their transport and match tickets that suffer. Birmingham say they can use their match tickets for the rearranged match what a great offer. But the match will now be played in midweek when most people will be working and not able to travel.
I'll suggest they may be another motive for this cancellation, it could be the fact that Birmingham have a lot of injuries at present.

Moan 2 -
Former England captain David Beckham is going to finish his footballing career in the USA for LA Galaxy and get paid a ridiculous salary of $1,000,000 per month. But this is not my moan good luck to him if he can get some loony to pay him that but don't come out with a statement saying "I'm not going for the money I'm going to help kids".
David if you want to help kids give that f*****g money to a childrens charity.
As for the fools that are paying Mr Publicity what are you getting, well a footballer that can't run, can't tackle, can't drible, can't head, can't get a game for Real Madrid and has been dropped by England but he does takes a decent free kick. The US are trying to develop their league, the rest of the world thought you were doing ok but now they are laughing.
Don't bet against Posh (she was the spice girl with even less talent than the others) been in an hollywood movie this year.

Moan 3 -
Bush is sending more troops to Iraq and the British are staying, no thats not my moan. My moan is I'm sick of all the perfect people that reckon to be do gooders that rant on about us pulling out.
Whether you argue if we should have gone in the first place is irrelevant the fact is we did and have created a civil war. We have a duty to try and sort it out. My gut feeling is if we pulled out now it would be total chaos with many more getting killed than now.
Yes sure we keep losing some of our brave soldiers but it isn't normally them boys that are moaning. They choose to join the Army and I'm afraid sometimes that involves doing your job in dodgy places.

Moan 4 -
English weather sucks.

Moan 5 -
I feel old.
My right foot hurts (gout not fully cleared up since december).
My left Knee hurts (loose cartlidge)
My right elbow hurts (tennis elbow)
Shit I am old.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about all your moans! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Jenny said...

Well, I must agree with you about Iraq-- we would be stupid to pull out now with that country in chaos because that is where our future terrorists will come from. We need to get them sorted out. I also agree that Beckham is full of crap to say he is not doing it for the money! Of course he is. We all know that he is washed up--LA just wanted to get butts in the seats at soccer games and supposedly his pretty face will do it. Go figure...

airliebird58 said...

1. You don't go laying a new pitch a few days before a match in the middle of winter. The Football League should have a look I think.
2.I don't blame Becks for going to L.A. myself. He's always struck me as a decent bloke, married to the wicked witch of the west!
3.Now like you say Mick, you can go on about the reasons we went to war (which where entirely bogus)but we've made a right pigs a*se of Iraq and we owe the poor Iraqi's the effort to put things right. Just think what they've had to put up with the last 30 years, a murderous dictator, a long awful war against Iran, and sanctions. Now this. We owe them big style,its just a damn shame our armed forces have to clear up the mess.Bush and Blair should both be out on their ears and in front of a court!
4.Ah the English weather, what would we talk about if it wasn't as it is. I l quite like it to be honest. don't like it to be dark and dismal all day I must admit.
5. You sound a bit fed up all around with all your aches and pains. I know all about that! :) Treat yourself to something really nice, and put your feet up.
End of lecture lol.

Vanessa said...

I see the Beckham move as a positive development for MLS. Not so much for his great soccer playing skills (because he surely is lacking there these days), but because American kids love him. I saw Manchester United play Club America a couple of years ago and even though Beckham had just moved to Real Madrid, kids wore Beckham jerseys and had his haircut. So, like it or not, deserved or not, he is going to bring a lot of attention to MLS and maybe help keep those young soccer-playing fans going to games and following the league. And, considering the level of play in MLS, Beckham, for all his faults, will be a star and hopefully earn his inflated paycheck.

Vanessa said...

Oh, yes, hope you feel better.

Rachel said...

I have to admit, Beckham does have a pretty face. I don't watch soccer so my knowledge is limited. I'd rather watch American football, to be honest. Keep in mind anyone in the public eye in America puts up with alot so perhaps he will earn his income.

My nephew is in the Army Reserves. He served 2 years in Iraq. He was very proud to do so. You are right - he didn't complain. He was proud of what he did and proud to fight for America and alongside the Brits. It's because of brave folk like him we have the lifestyles that we do.

And any whiney ass liberal that thinks differently can go live in Iran. Wonder how fast before they shot back home on the next flight?!

Mick & Cathy said...

Tex,
Just in a moaning mood today cos I'm bored, will be fine in the morning.

Jenny,
Thats the point I was making, you can't blame Beckham for going but trying to tell us its not for the money is insulting our intelligience.

Airliebird,
You talk a lot of sense but that can only be expected from a Yorkshire lass.

Vanessa,
Of course you are correct and he will get MLS a lot of publicity and his fee will probably be money well spent.
However you need to do something about them kids wearing MU tops, I hate anything to do with that media obsessed club. But I suppose thay are typical of all their fans (don't live anywhere near Manchester or know where the place is).

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
I think we commented at the same time.

Beckham won't have a problem with the publicity thats what he and his wife live for. It doesn't change the fact he played for the red scum and once put two fingers up at the Leeds fans (ok they where singing a song that was a little personal about his wife but he was touchy).

Good for your nephew he sounds typical of people I know in the armed forces.

ArleneWKW said...

Okay, first to Iraq: I agree that the U.S. owes Iraq big time. We ended the highly awful regime of a highly brutish dictator and his very deranged sons. The question for me, is whether the additional troops can achieve a better outcome than would occur if we left now. In other words, is this a lost cause? Some of the many experts to whom I've listened say that we'd need a committment of 100,000 troops to have any possibility of "getting the job done." We, the U.S. and others including England, do not have the political will and possibly the resources, to field such a force. I don't know the "answer" for Iraq, but I know that I don't want my neighbors' children, husbands, wives, mothers, and fathers losing their lives in a lost cause.

Re. Beckman, I thought he was supposed to be quite a catch for the U.S., but I don't know sports. In any case, a million a month is quite amazing - though I guess less amazing than some of the failed CEOs about which I was recently reading.

I'm sorry about your various aches and pains. Growing older righteously sucks. Feeling old even more so.