Sunday, January 07, 2007

Today

I've just got back from our British League Table Tennis matches and can report decent results. We started the day in 2nd place 2 points behind Barrow, looking at the matches I thought Barrow would win both theirs so we would have to do the same.
First up we had a tough match with Formby but managed to win 6-2, I won both my games although one of them was very close. To our delight Elgre Nottingham put up a good performance to hold Barrow to a draw so we gained a point.
We had Elgre for our second match and knew it would be tough after the morning matches and they did the same to us attaining a 4-4 draw. Credit to them though because we led 2-0 and 4-2 and they never gave up. Again I took both my matches so came away pleased with a personal maximum.
While this was going on Barrow much to our surprise only drew with bottom Club "Hull St Marys" so we are now only one point behind. They are maybe getting a little nervous a point we made to them as they left (they seemed to enjoy our sarcasm, not).
So we go into the last weekend on February 24th & 25th with 4 matches to play including Barrow. In other words 4 wins will give us the title, it will be tough but we will be trying.

On the Blogging front some of my friends are still having problems with Beta, I've recieved an e'mail from "Hear me Roar" telling me she cannot comment, sounds like the same issue "Regina" is having.
She tells me she likes my last post on the Female Stress diet.

5 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Progress has been made~ You have a shot at the title!
Good to hear you have had a decent weekend!

Anonymous said...

As Mick stated, a good weekend has given us the chance for a shot at the title! i see the final weekend is 24th/25th Feb, that should be fine Mick. i thought it would have been later but thats great!

Jenny said...

Glad to hear the weekend event have gone well. It sounds like a great time!

celtic_girl said...

Congrats on your win at the weekend

Rachel said...

Any diet that has wine in it - a nice blush or a good merlot - is MY kind of diet!